Flo improves average review response time up to 35% by using auto-tags with AppFollow
Flo is one of the most popular apps worldwide in the Health and fitness category, and the most popular Women’s health category app, with an active user base of 36 million people. The app is localized to 22 languages, with more than 156 million downloads tracked by November 2020, and more than a million users rated the app a solid 5. The startup was founded in 2015 and has more than 250 employees.
The Flo team has been using AppFollow to answer mobile app reviews for about two years now, but not every feature of the product was used from the beginning. With the surge in the app’s user base, it became more challenging to keep up the pace and provide quality support.
- The number of incoming reviews kept growing, putting an ever-rising strain on the support team.
- Filtering and processing valuable feedback for the product team became more difficult and time-consuming as a result.
With this in mind, the Flo team decided to gain more with AppFollow’s help and focus on the following goals:
- Detect the review type automatically and answer more quickly
- Get feedback on certain app functionality much faster and transfer it to the relevant product team for processing
- Collect analytics on the most popular topics discussed in the review section
The support team made use of the Auto-tags feature with the target of achieving all these three goals simultaneously and automating the process where needed. After a few iterations and tinkering with the rule settings, the desirable result was achieved.
During the use of the Auto-tag feature, about 2000 reviews for the Android and iOS versions of the Flo app were tagged automatically. The Support team can identify and solve typical issues and complaints the Flo users experience much faster, as well as transfer valuable user feedback and analytics to relevant product teams. The average review response time has improved by 30% for iOS and 35% for Android.
Request a demo with the AppFollow team.