User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Revision: I’m an idiot and this app is great. The reason I had trouble with the app when not on WiFi was because data was turned off for the app in my phone’s settings. Changed my low rating to a 5-star. This app is completely useless for me on iPhone. It never connects and reports "no connection" at the bottom of the screen while every other app on the phone has no trouble connecting. It is only this app that has problems connecting. I've followed all help and forum posts I've found and they're pretty useless. I've logged out and back in (sometimes it won't even let me log back in, giving me the "no connection" error). I've deleted and reinstalled the app many times with no success. And yes, Google, I'm sure I'm using the correct password. Google needs to resolve the "no connection" error issue with an update rather than just advising people to check their password or make sure they're connected to the internet (when every other app on the device works fine).
I didn’t update gmail in a while, and when I finally did, I thought things would run smoother, but then I get this weird redesign. The redesign makes it difficult to know which email account you’re using and makes it more convoluted to switch accounts. They also made the font in the app smaller so it’s harder to read. Overall, I think it’s just messy. Maybe I’m just not used to it yet, but I think this redesign makes the app harder to use. And with the redesign, the app reset my original settings on swiping to archive or delete which was just annoying. Plus, as I try to write emails, I keep getting the notification “some changes may not have saved” or something like that, and it would pop up every few seconds, making my email infuriating to write. My inbox takes longer to load now too with the redesign, and sometimes my notifications don’t go through, but that might be because of my phone, not the app. I don’t know, it just feels like gmail’s getting worse. I wish they would stop trying to put in all these new features like Google Pay in emails, and just aim to make the app comfortable to use... Trying to attach multiple files in an email on mobile is so tedious.
I use my iPad for work, as I need to take high resolution videos and have quick access to apps. The Gmail app has such terribly limited usability in key areas. First, it is crazy that I cannot create bulleted or numbered lists. This seems like a key component to writing succinct emails and I am not sure why this is not included. Second, I cannot copy and paste tables from other Google apps and keep the formatting! We send programs to clients that we create in Google sheets, but we do not need to send the entire sheet at one time, only a part. You simply cannot do this without creating an entirely new sheet, and then sharing it with them, which is simply not functional. I would rather be able to copy and paste the section of the sheet that is necessary to use. Lastly, the emails I send from my iPad do not have the same formatting as the desktop site. Again, I am at a loss as to why this is the case. We have a specific signature that we need to use in order to send protected information, and I have to set this signature up again instead of it carrying over from my desktop accessibility. The only good thing about this app is that I can access my email from it. However, it severely limits my ability to send useful emails and this kills my productivity during work hours with my iPad.
Why does this app have a built in web browser? If you click on a link in an email a little window comes up that asks if you want to open it in chrome or safari. I don't have chrome installed because I feel that google harvests enough information about me as it is. So i select open in safari. However when I do this it does not open safari. It opens this miniature web browser that is baked into gmail, there is a button on the bottom of the screen that forwards you to safari. But its too late. The link has been opened in a google made web browser. This is annoying and deceitful. If its a link that can only be used once, then opening it in this mini browser has just ruined the link so that I would have do whenever it is in this built in browser. I would say its okay if I could just delete all cookies and such from this mini bowser but there is no option. And even even if i could delete the information its too late because google already saw what I was doing in that session. I can only assume that google now has any and all information that has been put into the mini browser. I would use a different email app however google has made it so that I cant use any other email app with a gmail account... so I guess I’m just screwed.
1. You can’t mass delete emails in this app. You have to select every email, one by one. That’s usually multiple clicks (or a swipe and click) per email. 2. Your inbox is automatically separated into different inboxes, including social and “promotions.” Emails are seemingly put into other categories AT RANDOM. Multiple times now, emails from addresses which previously went into my inbox went into these other two categories, and one of the times, it was a work email. That email was also labeled as important, another category that has NO notifications by default, and it could not be seen when I went into the “All mail” tab. I’ve tried to make sense of why emails from certain addresses (of the same topic every time) would randomly go into different folders, but I have no idea still. All in all, this is unnecessarily complicated, unhelpful, and you have to fix it all yourself because those are the default settings. I can’t believe we get advertisements in the same area and with the same look as other, unread emails as well. If you can, don’t get this app. Use gmail on your browser, or maybe don’t use gmail unless you have to. Maybe this is less terrible on a different device (my device is an iPad Pro), but I somehow doubt that.
Developed by the Google LLC.
Gmail - Email by Google has 153 216 user reviews.
Gmail - Email by Google is ranking in Productivity on the 1.
Gmail - Email by Google has an average rating of 4.4.
The latest version of Gmail - Email by Google (6.0.191023) was released on Nov 18, 2019.
You can download Gmail - Email by Google here:.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account
support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI