User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I used to rely on the standard Apple weather app that is pre-installed on the iPhone to receive all my forecast knowledge. I had been using it for years to check the weather and daily temp until one day my mother told me to check the radar... what radar? “The radar on the weather channel app,” she replied. As soon as I downloaded this app my life changed. View the radar when storms are coming, videos about current weather and environment news, warning and watch notifications for changes in weather... it’s amazing! Somehow your friends always think you’re smarter when you know the weather. Thanks, weather channel app, for always telling me when it’s going to rain, you’ve saved a few ruined bonfires! Plus it tells you what time down to the minute it will start raining... and it’s always pretty accurate! All in all, this app is pretty great. It’s like the weather app of my dreams I didn’t know was the weather app of my dreams until I had it. Through everything the app has always been there for me, telling me an accurate forecast and alerting me with weather notifications. Sometimes getting notifications from the weather channel app is even better than getting a text from my boyfriend. The weather channel app is easily my favorite app. Trusty, reliable, and always tells you the weather. No strings attached!
I liked the fact that being older than dirt I could put this on my iPad and make things bigger so that I could see and read everything. I liked the setup except that as with all things meteorologists have a harder time knowing what is going to happen and make guesses as to times of stuff. GOd still has control on most things and weather seems to be changing in our world also. So old age is not the only things that change in life. Why everyone uses light gray writing on a white background and expect someone to be able to see it is idiotic at best. I know all of the younger generation may like new update but I personally liked the old one best. There may have been a few things to change but wish you would make so people had a choice. Older people seem to never get a choice any more. At least there are many more apps I can go to and pray to find one I like. Thanks for nothing but causing me more problems with computers which I am getting ever more aggravated with. Not all old people want so many changes in their later years. Every time I finally get used to something, you geniuses decide to change all around. Just getting used to phones and iPads and all their changes every other day is enough to drive someone crazy and I don’t need any help since as you get older people don’t give me credit for having a lot of common since anyway! Thanks at least for trying to please all the people in the world.
I have had the Weather App for many years, including the add free version. Then suddenly I saw features pulled back from the $3.99 Version and got an offer for premium going from $3.99 to $9.99 to basically get the same features I had before. I decided to pay for the Premium version and that is when the problems began. At first my ipad kept showing the adds without premium features, then when I tried to manage my subscriptions, It got rid of the adds on some of the screen, but when I click on some of the extended features (such as the extended hours tab) the app crashes every time. I tried to delete the Weather App on the ipad without luck and then from all devices and reload them, and now my iphone is also not showing extended premium features and also showing adds. If, I try to get refund I am told that I can only cancel the subscription starting at the end of initial subscription year which is at the end of 2020 (this year fee not refundable) but I can use the application until the end of the year (with advertisements). I have submitted multiple support requests online, since December 22, to the Weather App/IBM and the only response I get is "the we will get to you as quickly as possible" from each of the initial contacts. Furthermore, their FAQ and support pages do not have anything to say about what to do with premium features installation failure.
Updated Comments: The app has gone from bad to totally unusable. The “current location” feature gives me the weather and alerts for an area that is 20 miles away. This is particularly annoying and dangerous on severe weather days. Further I repeatedly get notifications about about what the weather will be like tomorrow in different area area that 20 miles away from where I live, in a completely different direction. To make matters worse, when I try and report the errors, the email address provided within the app come back with a delivery failure because it is invalid. After years of loving the Weather Channel on so many levels, and trusting them to keep me informed and safe, I am done. Wish I could give this app a negative star rating. This used to be a great app. Clean, concise, simple and accurate. However, all the “updates” and redesigns during the last year or so have turned it into one hot mess. It takes forever to load, crashes repeatedly, removes saved locations and settings with each update, and keeps sending me forecasts and alerts for cities where I do not live, have never been to and could care less about. I have sent these concerns to support several times and nothing is ever fixed or even addressed. It’s all about advertising and video features. I have used this app for years, yet am getting ready to delete it. I am so disappointed.
Back a few years ago in the early days of the App Store, probably 8-10 years ago in fact, I purchased the ad free version of this app called Weather Channel Max. Good app, no ads and it worked well. Then about 2-3 years ago the app updated and said that this app will no longer be supported and that would be the final update. It stated the other version(the one with ads) would be the only version supported. I continued to use the app I paid for until it kept crashing after iOS updates and was pretty much forced to use the app with ads. Now I see you can go premium on this app and remove ads. That really ticks me off considering I had previously paid for the ad free version, only to have them snub it. I, at first, just thought they were only getting rid of max so they would force those who paid a one time fee for the ad free version back on the app that has ads. Not only was that true, but now, in hopes that people would forget(which I didn’t) they now offer a monthly subscription service to get rid of ads. This is a sad attempt at getting even more money from me. I will now be deleting the app and using another app instead. I’ve already given enough money to you all only to be asked for more. I’m really disappointed how greedy developers are becoming and all over an app that gives you mediocre weather reports.
Developed by the The Weather Channel Interactive.
Weather - The Weather Channel has 1 006 134 user reviews.
Weather - The Weather Channel is ranking in Weather on the 1.
Weather - The Weather Channel has an average rating of 4.6.
The latest version of Weather - The Weather Channel (11.6.1) was released on Jan 17, 2020.
You can download Weather - The Weather Channel here:.
Discover weather maps, local forecast and a rain radar you can trust with The Weather Channel, an IBM Business. Stay up to date and safe no matter the weather with our live radar maps.
Find all the weather information you need to plan ahead with confidence. We give you accurate weather forecast reports that can help you plan up to 15 days in advance - wherever you are! Switch your device’s display to Dark Mode to see the weather in a whole new way. And with our rain tracker
and snow radar, getting caught in a severe weather will be a thing of the past.
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance: Trust our current conditions card with our Feels Like feature, local hourly & daily forecasts, and our Real Time Rain alerts with radar - feel confident knowing what’s ahead.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are. You can find local maps and forecast on your homescreen, and breaking news videos with closed captioning!
3. Track the flu risk with Flu Insights with Watson: We can now predict the flu risk up to 15 days in advance and will alert you when there is an increase risk in your area so you can take action and prepare against the risk of flu.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast and our Real Time Rain notifications, and find the storm radardirectly on your home screen. So you know in a second whether to pack a light or waterproof jacket!
• Want to enjoy a winter walk or run? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies and pollen reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. We’ll send you live alerts , so you’ll always be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and check the pollutant levels in your area.
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Easily access all the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Discover Windstream: A new, animated map layer where you can track wind speed and direction.
• Enjoy Enhanced Lightning: The lightning radius is now 3 times wider, and covers 30 miles.
• Access 15 Minute Forecast: Get more from your forecast with 15 minute breakdowns of up to 7 hours.
• View 48 Hour Snowfall Accumulation Layer: Get your snow forecast and prepare for the winter season with our 48 hour snowfall accumulation map layer.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI