User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
The more I use this beautifully designed, amazingly functional app, the more I love it. The ability to create menus and pull up recipes and lists any time, any where, on any of my devices, makes meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking so much easier. Love being able to quickly check a list of what’s in my freezer or pantry without scrounging through them. The ability to sort by expiration date helps to keep track of items that need to be used soon. A future update I would like to see is the ability to customize location of pantry items. I have more than one pantry area. (My solution has been to assign an emoji for each location and add it to each item - I know, sounds silly, but it works.) There is one glaring fault in this app when you scale recipes. For example, if recipe ingredient says I bag (16 ounces), if I scale the recipe to double, the ingredient lists as 2 bags (16 ounces) instead of 2 bags (32 ounces). If you are not alert to this it is easy to use the wrong quantity. This error shows up in directions as well. In spite of this I can’t bring myself to deduct a star because I love this truly awesome app so much.
I’ve had this since the previous version. When I was considering purchasing this app for the first time, I felt it was a little too expensive so I did a lot of research. This ended up being the only one that met my requirements so I grudgingly paid up. Best decision I made. It was worth every cent. I racked up a couple of thousands recipes and it was really easy to search what I needed. Seamless downloads, easy customization of menus, simple UI, pin & switch, multiple grocery lists, etc. And then few years later, a revamp that requires a repurchase. What?? Granted I had the app for probably about 5years by then, and I have sent in a few requests to make it even more user friendly. Be careful what you wish for because it comes at a price. I had to buy this, there was really no alternative. Not happy with having to cough up this much without a “loyal user discount”. But while I was at it, I bought the desktop version too. It now actually has all the stuff I requested (like the ability to add multiple photos) and more. Sigh, I am scared of another revamp a few years down the line....
The developers clearly put a lot of thought into this app. I love having one app to store all my recipes, and it has so many awesome features. It’s great being able to pin recipes, making it easy to switch back and forth when making a couple longer recipes at the same time. I love that you can search within a category and search multiple fields (start searching, then click on the drop down arrow at the top to refine your search). I love being able to insert pictures within directions and include multiple pictures of a recipe. Importing from another website is a breeze. The user guide is very comprehensive. Being able to highlight what step you are on and the app remembering where you were is very useful. The embedded timers are also very cool. And I love the auto scaling of ingredients for changing the amount of a recipe. This app makes me want to try so many recipes that I’ve been saving for a long time! I gladly paid for the update to the latest version to take advantage of all the features. Thanks for a great app!
First, I have to say how much I love this app. It’s got a great meal-planning section, and it’s super easy to use. However, there are a few things that make it less than what it could be. 1) Though there is an option to add photos to the recipe’s ingredient list and directions, this doesn’t seem to work. I click the photo button, and it turns to a white screen with only two options: cancel or insert. Only canceling works. This is frustrating because the hundreds of family recipes have to be fully typed. 2) The app has an option to turn off automatic screen lock to prevent lots of greasy fingerprints while cooking, but the ingredients and directions are on separate tabs. You have to touch the screen every time you need to check a measurement, countering the entire purpose of the no-lock options. Other than these two annoyances, I adore Paprika. It is pretty simple to use, and it obviously has had a lot of thought put into it. I would definitely recommend this app
I have been using Paprika for a few months now. I have it on my computer and my phone, which allows me the freedom to look up anything I’ve saved, wherever I’m at, at any given time. The ability to create as many categories as I want has helped me immensely. I cook everyday, at least 2 meals a day, at home, and I own a restaurant, so I’m always trying out new ideas at work. In other words, I cook s tin and this is the first app that handles it all. Except one thing. The Bookmark ability. You can’t organize bookmarks as far as I can tell, it’s just one long list I have to slog through. There are often articles on cooking, tips & tricks, cookware I want to save a link to, etc. Not being able to organize all this into easily findable subjects is annoying. I have to tab out of Paprika, to go to another service that allows me to organize bookmarks. Having it all in one app would be fantastic. Otherwise, this app does absolutely everything I need and want and I love it!
Organize your recipes. Create grocery lists. Plan your meals. Download recipes from your favorite websites. Seamlessly sync to all your devices.
• Recipes - Download recipes from your favorite websites, or add your own.
• Grocery Lists - Create smart grocery lists that automatically combine ingredients and sort them by aisle.
• Pantry - Use the pantry to keep track of which ingredients you
have and when they expire.
• Meal Planner - Plan your meals using our daily, weekly, or monthly calendars.
• Menus - Save your favorite meal plans as reusable menus.
• Sync - Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans synced between all your devices.
• Adjust - Scale ingredients to your desired serving size, and convert between measurements.
• Cook - Keep the screen on while cooking, cross off ingredients, and highlight your current step.
• Search - Organize your recipes into categories and subcategories. Search by name, ingredient, and more.
• Timers - Cook times are automatically detected in your directions. Simply tap on one to start a timer.
• Import - Import from existing apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export - Export your meal plans to Calendar and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Share - Share recipes via AirDrop or email.
• Print - Print recipes, grocery lists, menus, and meal plans. Recipes support multiple print formats including index cards.
• Extensions - Save recipes directly in Safari and view today's scheduled meals.
• Bookmarklet - Download recipes from any browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
• Offline Access - All of your data is stored locally. No internet connection is required to view your recipes.
What's New in 3.0
• iPhone X and iOS 11 support.
• iOS app is now universal.
• Multitasking support on iPad.
• Add multiple, full-sized photos to each recipe. Embed photos in your directions.
• Insert links to other recipes or websites in your ingredients or directions.
• Format recipes using bold and italics.
• Convert ingredient measurements between standard and metric.
• Search for recipes across multiple categories.
• Add custom aisles to your grocery list and re-arrange them in your preferred order.
• Create multiple grocery lists.
• Add custom ingredients to the pantry. Track quantities, purchase dates, and expiration dates.
• Move items back and forth between the pantry and grocery list.
• Add custom meal types to the meal planner.
• Create reusable menus that span multiple days.
Paprika is available on multiple platforms so you can access it on all of your devices. Please note that each version is sold separately.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI