User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
In the past few months, my mom and I’ve switched to get my news through Newsbreak. Its entire news feed revolves around our personal interests. I like the way they present the “Following” tab as well as “For You” tab, both delivering personalized news feed. I am also impressed by the numerous good-quality sources they have, which seems to be the key metrics for a good news app right now. The full coverage of local news is the reason my mom love this app and choose it, as my family can get the latest news from our county and the news around the world. I do not get swamped with push notifications that much. .. the notifications I do receive are nice and gentle reminders of good stories that are available to read, which also reminds me that I have the application (which is nice! ). The only glitch is that sometimes they get me the old news stories in the notification, which confused me a little bit. I am looking forward to a way to report this error to the team so that they can do something about it. General speaking, Newsbreak is my favorite news app among several for now!
The Updates and continuous live feed to the public is the most helpful and convenient way to stay in the know of all surrounding news and crime occurring around us! Most importantly, it helps us avoid and prevent our children from going in the path a crime or hostile environment may be taking place. The only way we can protect ourselves and others, is by staying informed of the much unnecessary crime that has overcome our cities! Everyone should have this installed on their phones, laptops and etc. We can all try our best to stay safe and avoid what and where this much horrific violence of crime is taking place. May God keep us all in his arms and protect our families from this burst of CRIME! Thanks for the work you all do to keep us informed! A mom trying to protect her family!!!
News break is the best app I’ve tried for getting local news. I’ve tried many, but for most of the others, that means news from the nearest large cities. I live in a rural town and finding truly small town local news news online is difficult. Yes, you can go to your newspaper’s site, but that’s just what they cover. News break grabs all three of the very small towns in my community and spoon feeds it to me. That includes special events! There’s one large issue. If you share a story, people have to download the app to read it. Sight unseen, none of my friends has, so I no longer share because they resent being sent an article they have to download an app for. I wouldn’t download it either. Most news sites allow one to go to a link on the web rather than demanding a download. Seems like a much better way to get new subscribers.
For a number of years I have had my local news apps on my phone. Since I live in Kansas City, I had all four news apps. Then I slowly started to take them all off because they all report of the same exact thing and I found that to be repetitive and ridiculous to hear the same new stories out of all of them. A friend of mine told me about this app and I decided to give it a try. I’m very disappointed in trying to access the content. It is not accessible with voiceover and you don’t know when your double tapping on something whether it is selected or not. I would hope that the makers of this app get in touch with those who use voiceover on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and ask how voiceover works or at least look at voiceover. Voiceover is a part of the iOS. I certainly hope that voiceover is considered within the next update. I also would like to mention that the tabs are not accessible with voiceover so when a visually impaired person goes and double taps on a tab, they don’t know what tab they’re hitting.
This was a terrific app at first. I particularly loved the ability to see local news stories. But the app gives the headlines, and a sentence or two, and then has a READ MORE, and you click that to read the entire article. The articles themselves open from a separate news source, a newspaper etc. The problem is that after 2 weeks of using this app, most of the time when I click the READ MORE link to read an article, most of the news sources it takes me to tell me I’ve maxed out on my number of free articles, and want me to subscribe to read anymore. And we’re not talking about free subscriptions, you have to pay to subscribe. So, though it’s not the fault of the app itself, the app is no longer useful to me since the news source they’re linking to for a given article will no longer let me read their articles. So sadly, I’ll have to delete this app, since all it’s capable of in my case now is teasing me with headlines from articles I can’t read.
Developed by the Particle Media Inc..
News Break: Local & Breaking has 129 622 user reviews.
News Break: Local & Breaking is ranking in News on the 2.
News Break: Local & Breaking has an average rating of 4.8.
The latest version of News Break: Local & Breaking (3.4.2) was released on Nov 16, 2019.
You can download News Break: Local & Breaking here:.
News Break is your destination for local content. Operating anytime at anywhere in the United States, News Break keeps you informed about your local community, town, and city in light speed. Better informed, better life.
News Break is a geolocation-aware app that always puts you at the center of local content discovery. It is made just for you: who
is genuinely curious about what’s going on in your local communities and around the world. From curated local briefings to professionally hand-picked national/world headlines, from emergency alerts to 360 full coverage to….., News Break is always the must-have news app that gives you insights and value.
Highlights - Local Briefing/For You
● News Break brings you a curated daily brief about news, traffic, event, and beyond...Dig gems that really matter to you!
● Editor-picked national headlines tell comprehensive and in-depth stories. Go deeper on every story!
● News Break’s news content discovery engine aggregates rich content from more than 10,000 trusted sources, including Fox News, CNN, Business Insider, Newsweek, HuffPost, Reuters, The Associated Press (AP), Bloomberg, Time, and more... Browse content at any time, any location!
● A highly personalized feed caters your curiosity and reading interests, making you read content that’s really interested you. Read stories with purpose and value!
Better Informed, Better Life - Know Your Town
● Find local restaurants, deals, shop openings, and more ahead of time from one app.
● Read personal and vivid stories from our local writers and content creators.
● Treat us as your personal newsstand, magazine collector, restaurant reviewer, and more.
● Go beyond the mainstream & cacophony of information, explore your community and discover hidden gems.
Create Civic Value - Support the Cause
● Use News Break meaning revive the local news ecosystem and support small publishers
● Increase local story volume and geographic coverage to stimulate local storytelling and community power
Be Yourself, Be Cool - Follow or Block the Trend
● It’s totally cool to stay on top of some topics, or totally hate them! News Break allows you to follow what is trending, or completely block some topics you don’t appreciate.
● You can laugh, share, think, cry, upvote, downvote, comment, reply...News Break is a free ground that welcomes you to express emotions & opinions.
● From HBO’s Game of Thrones to hot video game Fortnite; from funny standups to the latest internet memes...find yourself be surprised.
Download today and stay informed on the local news!
Better informed, better life.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI