User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I tried out this app and GoodNotes, and ultimately this one won out because it works so much better for the way I want to write. I didn’t have to adapt very much to get this app to work for me. I take tons of lecture notes and I needed something searchable that allowed me to write as quickly as I hear it and have the app recognize what I’m writing. The handwriting recognition is pretty remarkable, especially taking into account just how bad my handwriting is. That said, this app isn’t GREAT. It is missing two pretty key and important and basic tools that may shorten the amount of time I use it. One: there is no copy/paste feature, either of what I’ve written or what I found elsewhere to add to my notes. I have to write in everything from URLs to text from web pages to bits of other notes. That’s really annoying. Two: I can’t type in this app. I would like to be able to add a text box and type in it sometimes. The addition of those two tools would make this app one of the better app experiences you’ll find *period*. But as is, it’s still darn good and well worth the money.
The handwriting recognition works as well as any app I’ve tried on an iPad Pro. But the lack of iCloud sync is a big inconvenience. If you have your other Apple devices set up to use iCloud sync, then Nebo's separate “cloud sync”is a cumbersome set of extra steps, requiring additional user IDs/accounts, and external services that would all be seamless if the app just supported iCloud. Disappointing for an otherwise well-designed app. The other SERIOUS gap in this app’s capabilities is that it does not seem to be compatible with any Bluetooth keyboard. This prevents NEBO from being a single app for all note-taking needs. With the way I use my iPad Pro, I take notes BOTH with the Apple Pencil, and sometimes with the IOS on-screen keyboard and sometimes with a separate Bluetooth keyboard, depending on the setting I am in at the time. This app does not support anything other than handwriting input. So you will still need another vendor’s note-taking app (like Evernote, OneNote, or Apple’s IOS Notes to make your iPad a true notebook replacement. Too bad, because if NEBO simply added these other input options, it would be all many people would need for note taking (other than perhaps a dedicated sketching app if artistic drawing is a requirement)
I’m a general dentist of 20 years who used to write details of procedure notes in patients’ paper charts. Now with everything being computerized, that option is gone...until “nebo.” I can write, erase mistakes, add space, remove words and extra space with one stroke. There’s an eraser option, but I don’t even need it. There’s different color ink. The best part is when I’m done with the final draft, I can copy and paste it into patients’ electronic charts, and everyone else can read it in neatly typed-up pages. This app was the reason I bought iPad 2018 and Apple Pencil. I wish the app can recognize the percent signs and numbers better. It will be nice to be able to add custom vocabularies because the app does not recognize certain words and will translate it into what maybe the closest it knows. That was the only reason I gave four stars out of five. For instance, 1 carpule of Lidocaine will get translated as i carpale or 1 But I found a way around it and wrote one carp.😃 You’re a genius and thank you for thinking of a very useful app to help those who miss writing by hands, who think and remember better by writing, not typing.
I’ve downloaded several notetaking apps, with Notability being my favorite. The coversion to text for most apps leaves a bit to be desired. However, that didn’t bother me since I really didn’t see the need. I type well, and just figured it’s easier to type. Most apps do an ok job identifying my poor writing. Turns out, I was wrong! It’s NOT easier to type! This things has changed how I take notes, write emails and other tasks. Nebo comes real close to identifying everything I write, and even gets right when I want all caps. It makes a few mistakes, but not many. Matter of fact, it’s more accurate than my typing accuracy. I’m using it now not so much for my actual note taking, but I’m using it for writing emails, and long text messages. Some notes I need to forward or add to documents, I also use this app. If you’re sitting on the fense about this one, stop and just get it. It’s slowly replacing my keyboard (I don’t use a keyboard case with my iPad Pro 12.9 - Zugu case).
I’ve already submitted a ticket and attempted many things to fix the issue. Still pending on the response, which was just sent within an hour of writing this post. The issue I’m experiencing is that the notation looks good in the app, but when you use the Export to PDF feature, it distorts the entire page. If using Bold text or using a Title and a Subtitle, it will end up pushing your notes to the next page. The first page will have half of your notes and will push the other half of your notes to the second page; leaving the first page half empty. I know there’s a thing with converting to PDF, but I have never experienced this kind of issue with any document software such as Word or Pages. Anytime I’ve converted a Word or Pages document into a PDF, it would convert the information as though I had written the document. If there is a way of fixing the export feature to PDF, that would be AWESOME! Also, being able to center your text when converted from hand written notes to text would be a really nice feature to have. And been able to control the amount of space between a Title and Subtitle would be most helpful. I would most definitely be willing to change this one star to a five star rating if that issue can be fixed.
Developed by the MyScript,
Nebo Professional note-taking has 4 579 user reviews.
Nebo Professional note-taking has an average rating of 4.5.
The latest version of Nebo Professional note-taking (2.4.3) was released on Dec 10, 2019.
You can download Nebo Professional note-taking here:.
Nebo is where work begins. Nebo lets you write, draw, edit and structure your notes using your Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon. Convert them into digital documents or copy/paste parts to or from any other app.
Attending a meeting or a conference? Having new ideas to jot down? Starting a new project? Capturing relevant ideas and information is essential. Nebo will always be there to help you be more productive, day after day.
CAPTURE IDEAS AND INFORMATION IN ANY SITUATION
• Use your
Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon to take notes.
• Draw sketches or interactive diagrams to quickly write down ideas and develop them further. You can also easily annotate images.
• Easily switch between your Apple Pencil and your keyboard, and take your notes even faster.
EDIT AND TRANSFORM IN NO TIME
• Structure your notes with paragraphs and bulleted lists. Create titles and highlight text using intuitive gestures.
• Convert your handwriting with confidence using the most powerful recognition engine.
• Complete your document by pasting text copied from other apps.
SHARE AND REUSE EASILY
• Publish your notes on nebo.app to be viewed from anywhere.
• Convert your note instantly into Word, text, PDF or HTML format. Copy/paste fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint or as images to other apps.
• Store your notebooks in collections and search for handwritten ink and typed text across all notes in your library.
** Best App 2017 CES Mobile Apps Showdown **
** Featured by Apple as "Perfect with Apple Pencil" **
** For note takers with needs that go beyond the basic — Techradar, 2019 **
*** Detailed feature list ***
• Edit and format with your pen* — Write, add or remove content and space, decorate and apply styles using MyScript Interactive Ink technology.
• Switch between pen and keyboard — Add content or edit existing text with your keyboard, whether it is handwritten or converted. Select and copy/paste text in Nebo or to any other app.
• Create interactive diagrams — Copy/paste fully editable diagrams to PowerPoint or as images to other apps.
• Draw free elements — Sketch freely in your note.
• Annotate pictures — Add an image from Photos or a picture from your camera and use your pen to annotate them.
• Work with smart math — Develop your handwritten equations and matrices across several lines. Solve your calculations. Copy them as LaTeX or as images.
• Auto-layout — The page expands as you write and reflows the text to preserve the optimal size for any screen width.
• Paste external text — Copy/paste text from any app. You can even add it inside your handwritten paragraphs.
• Manage your notes — Organize your pages in notebooks and collections. Move your notes from one notebook or collection to another, in the most intuitive and fluid manner.
• Search — Find handwritten ink and text across all notes in your library, including in your diagrams.
• Export — Decide where to take your notes next: Export pages as Word (.docx), text, PDF or HTML.
• Publish your pages - Share your notes on nebo.app. Limit access to a list of contacts or allow anyone to view your note.
• Sync — Sync your notes with iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox. Requires a free MyScript account.
For assistance using the app or to request new features, contact Nebo support: https://app-support.myscript.com/
*An official Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon is required to handwrite in Nebo.
Get insights to empower your mobile marketing strategy
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
The brand new Keywords & ASO tool opens new opportunities for keyword research and optimization.
This blog post covers what product fit in mobile app business is, discusses where the product stands in the business strategy, and provides insights on discovery methods, including app reviews study, gap search, and user interview.