User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
This app is well worth the price if you’re serious about tracking your nutrition. The level of detail and customization available is vastly superior to MFP, and the fact that it tracks net carbs for you automatically is fantastic especially if you’re following a keto diet. The food database is quite sparse, but honestly entering your own food is the best way to be accurate anyway. In reality even though MFP has an enormous database, it doesn’t have access to the usda nutrition database so most of what you find in there is inaccurate. The only problem I’ve found with MM+ is that sometimes the search function in your own favorite foods just stops working, and you have to close the app and reopen it to get it to work again. It’s a quick and simple fix but it’s annoying nonetheless. Also, many times scanning barcodes does NOT yield accurate food information seen on the food label itself. This can at times be painful to modify the food manually to match what the food label shows. Especially if you’re hungry or pressed for time. Hopefully the devs will solve the two little issues, which would make MM+ even better than it already is.
I’m not much of a review guy.... BUT, I must say I am very happy with this app. I never liked its competitor(s) interface, however I found “my macros” to be very easy and perfect for me. The best part though, is that it has a small business vibe. There has been two occasions were my data has been lost, I’m not concerned with the why. However I’m very impressed with the how, and by how I mean how they resolved the problem. Mind you, I left the account dormant for a couple years, so it’s no surprise that updates happened or whatever else takes place in the app world. All I know, is both times I emailed, and both time Jason himself responded and found a way to correct and reload all of my saved data, much of which was manually input. SO... why?? I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know, is the app is good and nothing’s perfect, but IF there’s a problem I can count on them fixing it. And that’s all I can ask for from any professional. So thank you and yes I love and recommend this app over others.
As some of the previous reviewers have mentioned, the barcode scanner is hit or miss. I have contacted customer service about this several times but have never gotten the issue resolved. When creating a recipe, and using the barcode scanner, you are unable to filter your results by serving size or brand. The same is also true when creating a recipe and searching for a single ingredient. I have also contacted customer support about this issue, but it has not been resolved and the response was simply that they are working on it. The food database is not comprehensive. I often have to manually enter ingredients or create items which is frustrating and takes a lot of time. As others have also mentioned I, too, feel like I should just switch back to myfitnesspal, but the things that I do you like about this app are that you can adjust your macros by the gram, have different macro goals for different days, or that it also includes more meal options and simply breakfast lunch or dinner. However now that I have gone back to consistently tracking my food after taking six months off and realizing that these issues have not been fixed I am definitely frustrated by the clunky features and the inability of the barcode to work consistently.
I purchased the app about a year and a half ago, previously being a MyFitnessPal user. The app had a lot of promise seeing as you could use as many meals as you want and set customizable goals. But with the promise of updating a larger consumer database the developers have seriously neglected their customers. I’ve been waiting for months on end for the database to become better and nothing while myfitnesspal has moved past the three strict meals. I strongly regret my purchase and would switch back over to myfitnesspal if I didn’t already log my weights for the past year in this program. It’s been a huge pain to manually enter all my food. An app is suppose to make your life easier, logging food on myfitnesspal with their database takes less then two minutes. While having to manually enter and create a new food item on macros+ can take 5-10 minutes. I find myself using myfitnesspal’s database to create foods on this app, I’ll probably switch back over soon and just bite my ego and take the loss on the purchase and just relog my info when I have the time. If your stuck between the two apps stick with myfitnesspal, this app has been a headache and a half as regular tracker.
I have been using MyFitnessPal for years, but wanted something with more customization. I love that this app allows me to set different macro goals for different days, and has more than just the typical three meal set up. However, the food database is seriously lacking. It’s incredibly difficult to find simple foods, and I’ve ended up adding almost everything so far as a custom food. Lucky for me I eat essentially the same thing every day, so after adding a food I can easily add it from the recent list. But it’s still a hassle initially. Also, the barcode feature is hit or miss. There have been several times that the product couldn’t be found, had info completely different from the box, or brought up something similar but not exactly what I was looking for. Which, again, leads to me going through the process of adding a custom food. I will continue to use this app for the simple reason that I paid money for it, but I’m really tempted to just switch back to MyFitnessPal. I wish there was a free trial because I absolutely would not have wasted my money had I known about these issues. At this point I would not recommend it to anyone.
No matter if you want to lose weight, bulk up, or maintain a healthy lifestyle My Macros+ is the diet tracking app for you.
As featured on
• Good Morning America
• Mens Health
My Macros+ is the only diet tracking app made by a fitness professional. Created after years of frustration with the diet tracking apps that the market had to offer, we are proud to bring you the complete diet tracking solution.
With 5+ million foods, tracking food is quick and easy. Add your food in as little as 3 taps.
• HUGE food database 5+ Million Food Items to
• Barcode scanner - scan and quickly track your food
• Set your nutrition goals by gram or percent
• As many nutrition goals as you want — Supporting things like carb cycling, high/low days and more
• Track and monitor your body weight with beautiful graphs
• See nutrition breakdowns for each day, meal and individual food
• Have as many meals as you want — No more being stuck with only Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack
• Input custom food straight off the label — My Macros+ converts and stores it properly for you to make using it in any serving size quick and easy.
• Track Water — Log your water in cups, fluid oz, ml or gallons
• Quick Food Access — Look through lists of your favorite foods or those that you have eaten recently to track even faster.
• Built in food from your favorite brands and restaurants
• All foods are completely customizable — Enter your own food in any serving size or edit a existing food to be any serving size you want.
• Syncs between all iOS platforms
—Reach Your Goals—
• Beautiful daily nutritional reporting system
• Graph your weight over time to easily track your progress
• Macro calculator to help get you started on the right track
—Make Progress Together—
• View your friends meals in real time through our My Circle feature
• See your friends foods and recipes to get ideas for your own diet
NEED DIET HELP? We’ve got you covered
• Our Macro Coach feature is an optional monthly subscription that allows you to use our artificial intelligence system to help you reach your goals
• Fill out our initial questionnaire and receive your initial macro goal
• As you progress towards your goals our system will dynamically update your macro goals for you to make sure you stay on track towards your goals
—Apple Watch App—
MM+ on Apple Watch is now available, it allows you to keep track of your daily nutrition, macros left and fast track foods straight through your Apple Watch
—Apple Health Integration—
My Macros+ utilizes Apple Health by sharing all of the nutrition data that MM+ tracks to be displayed alongside the rest of your health data
Find out how many macros you have remaining until you reach your goals completely hands free
WANT EVEN MORE FEATURES?
A MM+ Pro level membership is an optional monthly subscription that unlocks even more powerful features right inside My Macros+
• Diet summary — In-depth breakdown of your diet, body weight and favorite foods over any range of time
• Detailed Analysis — Want to see calories consumed and how that affects your body weight? Compare any data point side by side to gain deep insight
• Spreadsheet export — Get all of your data in CSV format for even richer analysis
• Notes — You can keep notes about individual meals or the entire days themselves
• Meal timer — Problem remembering your next meal? Set a timer. We’ll remind you when it's time to eat
• MM+ on the web — Access MM+ through any web browser
ABOUT OPTIONAL SUBQ
- SubQs are charged to your iTunes Account and autorenew unless turned off > 24hrs before the end of the current period. Any free trial left will be forfeited at purchase and subscriptions can be managed through the users Account Settings. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hrs prior to the end of the current period. $1.99/mo or $19.99/year for MM+ Pro and/or $9.99/mo for Auto Adjusting Macros.