User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Kayak has been a fantastic company to use for anything travel! & has continued to impress me with their fun and very easy to use features. Airline companies often set standard pricing for their flights and the caveat that the normal person is looking for it matching all these flights with their specific needs i.e. layover timeline, # of bags, airline make/model, & flight times. A ‘Good Deal’ is a very generalized term and many other apps use that as their main means of persuasion when in fact it’s clear that sites like Kayak are so good at categorizing exactly what meets your needs and alining airliners to your schedule, like advertised they have a multitude of tools like bag number and layover timeline settings with a accurate representation of what the cost will be regardless if it is two separate companies. If you choose a flight selection that has a 2 hour layover for one airliner and you select ‘book’ the airliners website which it directs you to within the app has that selection already selected. I could go on and on about how easy and secure this app is to use so please give it a try.
I got this app for one plane flight, simple as that. I was planning on deleting it right after because I thought I had no use for it. But then I started to realize that any trips I was planning on taking would show up on this app and would be organized by time and date (because I connected my email). I’m planning on taking an Amtrak to the airport and then back again & accidentally chose the wrong date for the train back, and because Kayak organizes the trips so well, I was able to catch that but if not for this app, that would have been $20 down the bin & a missed class. I honestly love this app because there are no annoying adds that pop up when I’m trying to figure my plans out & it helps me organize everything so well. It also works offline when I’m looking at my already planned trips which will help out a lot when I’m abroad. I don’t use the search tool within the app for hotels cars or flights, but they have that option as well.
I've been using Kayak to book my flights for about 2 years now. I like them. Only thing that would make it better was if you could filter what types of flights you wanted for alert emails. I have two kids I'm flighting with this time and even though my last two flights basic economy was a great option because I'm not particular about where I sit, this time around I need to ensure my boys are beside me. I get really excited to see a price in a email just to see it's basic economy and the regular economy tickets are like $40 more. $40 difference is a lot when you need 3 of them. Another great improvement would be being able to mix and match the flight there and the flight back. Since we're going to New York to visit my fiancé I want a really early flight to get there and a late afternoon to come back. Sometimes they add up like that but usually they don't. I could book them separate but it would be a lot easier if they could just be chosen like that. Those are my only complaints. Still like and will use the site.
The app is amazing. It is beautifully designed and works amazing. I only have one problem with it. It won’t let you search for a “youth’s” flight with no adult. Anyone above 12 is allowed to fly by themselves. They have a “youth” listed as a person between 12-17, whereas a “child” is 2-11. It would seem that they have this separated for the purpose of allowing someone to look at prices for just a youth; However, even when the youth ticket is added, when you try and delete the adult ticket selected on default, it will tell you that there must be one adult traveling. This makes it harder for me because different airlines charge different fees for unaccompanied minors, especially the ones that charge for the unaccompanied minor service no matter their age. As I am trying to book a flight for 2 teenagers, this is necessary for me. Disregarding that, the app is the most user friendly and easy to use booking apps I’ve seen.
I have used kayak for a long time but recently had a very terrible experience and will not be booking flights through kayak anymore. Beware of the “trips” portion of the app. I bought a flight through kayak and it was added to my trips. There were changes to my flight, but my trips still reflected the original times, even though I used kayak to purchase my flights. Long story short I ended up missing my flight and paying lots of money in change fees. It’s odd to me that the company automatically lists the flight you purchased through their company under “trips” but do not update the flight information if an airline changes flight times. Even when I missed my actual flight my app still said “4 hours 27 minutes until take off”. Super unfortunate end to a trip, but learned my lesson to never book with kayak again. Also, when trying to sort and talk through this issue, I was unable to speak with anyone from kayak. The closest contact to a human you can get is through an email.
KAYAK searches hundreds of other travel sites so you don’t have to. Book the perfect flight, hotel or rental car and save money with mobile-only rates and Private Deals. KAYAK Trips lets you organize all of your travel plans in one place including free flight status updates, airport terminal maps and security wait times. KAYAK is the only app you need for planning, booking and traveling.
SEARCH: Find great deals on flights, hotels and rental cars
• Unlock Private Deals and exclusive mobile-only rates for even more savings.
• Effortlessly and securely book
via the app without the need to re-enter your traveler data and credit card information.
• Pick a destination and choose flexible dates to find out when it’s best to fly.
• Filter options based on stops, airlines, departure times, amenities and much more.
• Book at the right time. Price Forecasts let you know whether your airfare is likely to go up. Price history charts show airfare trends over the last 90 days.
• Planning a group trip? Share search results, hotels, flights and more using iMessage -- where everyone can view and vote.
• Have big travel dreams but can’t decide on a destination? Use Explore to set your max airfare and see all the amazing places in the world where you can travel (whatever your budget, let us help you search!).
TRIPS: Your free personal travel assistant
• Organize your travel plans in one place, regardless of where you booked.
• Book on KAYAK or forward your booking confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin building your trip. Optionally auto-import bookings from your Gmail account.
• Stay up-to-date with real-time flight status, gate change and baggage claim notifications.
• Get security wait time estimates for your flight.
• Navigate your way around the airport with step-by-step directions.
• Find shops, duty free, food, coffee, chargers, restrooms, lounges and more. See actual photos of each and learn whether they are before or after security.
• Countdown timers keep track of your flight’s progress and remaining layover time.
• Share your travel plans with family and friends.
• No internet access, no problem. View your itinerary and airport maps with no internet connection.
• Use the Trips Today widget to get a quick overview of your day’s itinerary.
APPLE WATCH: KAYAK on the go
• Keep your travel plans right on your wrist.
• Receive alerts on your watch when your flight status changes.
• Add the KAYAK complication to your watchface to see your next trip event.
• Use Force Touch to toggle between your current, upcoming or shared trips.
• Leave your phone behind on your next jog/swim. Trips are stored locally on your watch.
PRICE ALERTS: Never miss a deal
• Let us do the searching for you. Create a flight or hotel Price Alert and we’ll notify you when the price changes.
• Not sure where to go? Create a Price Alert for top world cities or specific regions and let the deal determine your next adventure.
• Use the Price Alert Today widget to get a quick overview of your latest alert updates.
FLIGHT TRACKER: Track the status of any flight
• Know if you’re arriving early or late by viewing the status of departure and arrival times.
• Monitor the flight’s progress in the air with the convenient map view.
• Easily track friends and family with their flight number or the airline.
Winner of 10 Webby Awards including:
• People's Voice Award for Travel Mobile Apps & Other Handheld Devices (2015)
• Webby and People's Voice Award for Travel Tablet Apps & all Other Handheld Devices (2014)
• Time Magazine: 50 Best iPhone Apps (2014)
• Wired Magazine: The 8 Best Apps for World Travelers (2014)
Discover helpful travel tips, tools and information by following our blog: https://www.kayak.com/news/
We'd love to hear from you: