User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I have been using this app for several years now. It’s useful for my drum practice, bass practice, vocal practice, songwriting. How one chooses to use this as a practice tool: the sky’s the limit! The online community is amazing. I can have friends come over and I mute their particular instrument along with mine.I am learning bass as my second instrument and this program is invaluable. I can slow down anything to a manageable Tempo so I can explore the chords deeper. I can pick up even esoteric jazz and pop songs with the incredible online community. I do not need to be connected to the Internet to play downloadable songs with this software. I use it to also practice vocal exercises. It also exports charts to PDF which is fantastic if I want to play or share a chart with the actual song audio. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made from my iPhone and iPad. They say Time magazine voted this One of the 50 best inventions of 2010. I say it’s still one of the 50 best inventions for musicians and it’s 2018. Thank you developers!
I am a professional pianist and use to carry all my fake books to a gig. Now all I use is this app. All I need to do is remember the melody. Most of the time I have singer so it’s not a problem. One time some people from Brazil came in. They requested songs I never heard of. I asked them, “if I play the chords, can you sing the melody?” They said yes, so I showed them the Brazilian songs that I had downloaded. They sang, loved it and gave me $100 tip. I have many similar stories. There are so many books that users have uploaded. Most of them are checked by the developer. They are very good at “talking with you and helping or suggesting tips. Every professional musician that I know has this app. What’s even better is that I have separate Play Lists for each singer. Even if they all sing the same song, the play list has it in their key with their arrangement.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I mean I bought this app to A: build upon ideas for my original music, as well as to learn new songs... B: I wanted different feels and styles of music with the chord progression, so when writing a piece of music, I would maybe be inspired by a different feel...maybe a jazz drum with acoustic guitar, with a running octave bass line and chords on the piano... (the old app ChordBot) did this, but it's progressions were limited. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...but even when I try to use this app in the MOST basic way (which is just opening the style, and then a song) when it play the notes, it sounds NOTHING like what the song should sound like. I am not speaking about the quality, I'm speaking about the timing, the style, the instruments chosen to play a song. Each song sounds like a BAD elevator edition... please help! What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm overlooking? If I'm not overlooking anything then I would HONESTLY rate this app a 2 star app... so I HAVE TO BE DOING something wrong...
This tool is a great way to practice, and play the tune in any key. (As a keyboardist, I turn down the keyboard part and practce along from my fake book charts.) I don’t find the editing interface super intuitive, but there is online documentation and their support responds quickly to questions. The jazz list of tunes is pretty comprehensive. I wish there were more vetted rock tunes. (People post their own titles in the forums, but it is “caveat emptor”: some people who post don’t seem to know you can specify a minor key, or have screwy chords. Most recent versions let you preview before you download a song, but older version that runs on older iOS does not. (And that is the helpful tidbit I got from their support staff.) Overall, well worth the investment.
Great automatic backing track software similar to Band In A Box without the three hundred dollar price tag. Great features allow control of most musical variables: key, tempo, and backup band instruments. Good sound for practicing along with, possibly good enough for demo’s or live karaoke performance. Wonderful software that has been around a decade or so, with plenty of time to work out any glitches a long time ago. The program provides animated chord charts that follow the beat, but does not provide a melody line in musical notation. I have found sheet music elsewhere online, and the keys usually match the original keys in the written out songs. A perfect practice accompanist for solo instruments. The huge library of tunes online that anyone can download into the software is amazing. The most useful musical app of all time.
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top
music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!