User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
As a long time Biological Field Technician I have nothing but good things to say about this app. I use it daily in the rugged and remote terrain in Hawaii. I have ditched my clunky Garmin handheld unit and can run tracks and take photo waypoints for my work all day long. I’m freed up from needing a PC to transfer data and I can now deliver info straight from the field via text msg or email. Loading external maps and data that have been emailed to me is a cinch. I use GPS Tracks to inspect conservation fences, track invasive species control and search for endangered plants as well as field navigation. I have even used it while flying to locate helicopter landing zones. The app doesn’t have a huge impact on my iPhone 8 battery life. So far it has performed very well when offline/No Service which is imperative in the Hawaiian backcountry. Although I am concerned about using it in a dense forest canopy, perhaps an accessory antenna may help. Love the mapping subscription and benefit highly from the ESRI contour map. Usability is easy to learn and I have gotten a number of coworkers to use the app on their phones.
I reviewed several GPS apps and bought too many useless ones before I found this one. Whatever your application, this is your app. On road or most especially off. It is feature rich and takes a little time to learn all it can do but it's worth every moment and penny. We use it for planning and tracking kayaking trips, mostly on local rivers and waterways. You can review, plan, map, and execute your track by land or water anywhere you can bring up on the map with this tool. Satellite or roadmap views. How far it is from bridge A to bridge B on that river? Go to Tracks tab and trace every bend and oxbow and know exact distance before you hit the water. Looks good? Name it and save it and this app will guide you down the track you planned. Ditto for hiking. Need a more detailed map? With a reasonable annual subscription a huge array of professional maps for various applications are available for purchase and can be download for permanent offline access. Driving, hiking, biking, navigating the waterways, this is your guide.
I very much admire and highly recommend this app; it has everything we need and more (but not lots of stuff we don't need). It is frequently updated, and the developer is always working to keep it going strong. I would love to see capability to add video clips of, say, 10 seconds, to waypoints (instead of single photos), and -- most of all -- I would like to have Pro version access higher-resolution satellite imagery. What is gets now is usually not as useful as Google Earth imagery; for the price of the GPS Tracks Pro subscription, imagery should be at least as good as Google Earth. For ease of use and reliability, GPS Tracks is the best of class!
I use this app almost everyday. I always record my hiking trips with it. It's a fast and reliable app for recording tracks. It has a ton of features for a professional but is easy enough to use by a casual user. I had been using it for months before I discovered a lot of the details features it has included. This is one of the best nav app I have used. Easy to import and export tracks. I use it mostly to record my routes and analyze them later but sometimes I pre plan routes and waypoints. The details track stats and playback are a must have. There even are measuring tools included for planning purposes. I love the way it syncs both to my iPad and my Mac. This allows me to record data and analyze it on my Mac. The other day I took it out on an unfamiliar trail and lost my bearings. I used this app to find my way back which was awesome. I will never go out without using this app again. Overall a well done app with great support! Update - The new cloud sync is awesome, very fast and no more issues, well done guys!
I love some solutions what I found in this app and I’m happy to support development but unfortunately I must stay with MotionX-GPS and here is why. 1. There is no Google Maps (check maps on MotionX-GPS and compare how many free maps is there) 2. One of most popular formats “D” is missing 3. I couldn’t find solution how to add coordinates in D format and start navigation towards that point using compass mode. 4. My current location - should be marked as “my current location” to be obvious 5. There is confusion with distance in compass mode were is total distance dominant over current distance to waypoint and it’s not possible to change this info. 6. Importing maps are recognized as track and waypoints but app is not separating waypoints to waypoints folder. 7. I find some dead end pages where I was forced to restart app to go back to main screen. I would like to check accuracy in the desert but honestly I feel that some of most important things are missing to make this happen. I love lots of solutions offered here but for now I’ll stick to my old app but will keep looking for this interesting app to be upgraded or developed in this crucial things. Keep up a good work!0
Developed by the David Morneault.
GPS Tracks has 3 689 user reviews.
GPS Tracks is ranking in Navigation on the 4.
GPS Tracks has an average rating of 4.7.
The latest version of GPS Tracks (3.4.5) was released on Jan 07, 2020.
You can download GPS Tracks here:.
"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPhone..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store! GPS Tracks is
one of the only tracking applications to sync data between iOS and OS X.
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications -
• Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
• Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
• Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
• Great for military navigational applications!
• Track your location/route of your activity
• Store favorite locations
• Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
• Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
• Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
• Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
• Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
• Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
• Use degrees or mils for the compass
• Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
• Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
• GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
• Map measuring tools allow you to measure area and distance on the map
• Draw or drop pins to measure
Apple Watch App
• Track your activity directly with your Apple Watch without your iPhone
• Will save your workouts to the Health app from the watch (only the watch app uses HealthKit)
• iCloud syncing (will sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone version)
• Import/Export to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, or iTunes File Sharing
• Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
• Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
• Import and export tracks/coordinates in a GPX, KML, BIN, CSV, or NMEA format
• Email exported files
• Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
• View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
• View detailed statistics of the track
• View the waypoints saved with each track
• Change track color
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, USGS, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI