User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Peer reviewed by those who demonstrated professional and semi pro qualities. It would be impossible for one person to collect such a diverse and vast array of songs. That’s the beauty of this program and social environment. Those who are willing and capable contribute by adding to that library and by approving of the words and chords and formatting. While the formatting may seem overly stringent, in the time I’ve had this application I’ve come to see the value and purpose of the structures. I don’t think there’s anywhere else to go to get such an extensive lexicon. People all over the world are contributing to what has got to be the most eclectic, comprehensive and thorough gathering of songs from all eras. While UltimateGuitar is a great way for beginning reasons to find songs that they know and the chords to go with them, Pro and semi-pro players can enjoy having a quick source for cover tunes, requests, etc. One of the valuable things to me is that I can put my originals in as personal songs and have them ready to be a reference for me as well as a quick key change check. I got my lifetime membership at a great price, and it is one of the best musical investments I’ve ever made.
About six months ago maybe longer I bought the premium package deal thing. I mainly used it for the interactive tabs. Loved all the new features. I don’t know if this is a bug or something y’all planned but everything I paid for is not available anymore. It says that I need to upgrade to the full version. I already own it and I’m not paying for it again. I don’t know if you thought you could take it away and give it back after I payed for it again, but I’m not buying it agains. I truly hope this is a bug because I loved the app, but after this I don’t think anyone should it if they are going to steal your money Alright disregard my last post. During the full version deal there was a timer. It wouldn’t let me use any of the features I purchased. The full version deal would show up every time I tried to do anything that required the full version. After the timer went away it still wouldn’t let me access it. I waited a day to see if anything would happen. Nothing happened. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. It now lets me use everything that I bought. I am so thankful this was bug because I loved the app. Other than an actual guitar tutor this is the best place to learn. I would highly recommend the full version as it is very useful.
I use this app all the time to learn new songs, or practice songs I have forgotten. The tabs work well for guitar, but I mostly use it for piano actually. The chord charts have really great features, and are very easy to use. Transposing, auto scrolling, and the ability to make playlists are all incredibly convenient, as they allow me to play great songs in keys I can actually sing in, and save those songs for easy reference. The library/catalog of songs is extensive. Very rarely do I search a song and find it doesn’t have some kind of tab. The “versions” feature functions flawlessly, which is great for when I may need to switch between more (or less) difficult/technical interpretations of the same song, or for comparing sections of songs where some tabs are more accurate than others. Having written several tabs as well, I can say that the creating process is very well thought out also. Overall, this is a great app for anyone looking to have fun playing songs they know and love (on most any instrument), and an essential app for any serious musician.
I grew up in a family where making music was an everyday occurrence. My dad played guitar and banjo. I started playing rhythm guitar when I was about 13. But then life happened and when I was about 29 years old, I lost my guitar in a divorce and haven’t had one since. (Warning...don’t get into a bad marriage with a musician). That was more than 20 years ago. Just bought an Epiphone acoustic and I’m shocked at how quickly muscle memory and strumming patterns are coming back. Except my old lady brain can’t automatically find the right chords for songs the way it used to. This app has seriously helped with this issue. So far, I have not thought of one song that I want to play that this app doesn’t include. Add to that, the ability to listen to new songs, and play along if you want, right in the app...that’s just awesome. I can’t read tabs but I may learn since that’s included as well. Anyway, thanks to the developers for this unusually helpful and functional product. Thanks to Ultimate Guitar, my husband, who is a drummer and has never picked up a guitar before, is now learning as well. 👍🏼
I rarely ever write reviews on apps but this one made the acceptation. I’ve been using ultimate guitar on my laptop for years for free. I saw the app and it cost money but I thought it would be worth it to have it on my iPad, little did I know the charges didn’t stop there. Most of the content is only accessible if you pay for the monthly pro membership. If you don’t have the membership you can’t use the transpose function, every time you open a cord chart up you’ll have an advertisement pop up that you can’t close for at least thirty seconds and I’d say half of the content isn’t available unless you pay for the pro subscription. I’m really disappointed with their app and the fact that I payed for the app in the first place only to find out it’s set up like a free trial app that you have to pay that monthly subscription to have full use of it and to get rid of annoying advertisements. It’s probably all written out in the fine print what is available and I (like 99% of people) didn’t take the time to read the terms & conditions. I wouldn’t recommend this app to a friend, the website is still free but now covered in advertisements in the middle of the songs if you’re not a pro subscriber. Ultimate guitar used to be an amazing place for people to learn songs.
Get the world's largest catalog of guitar, bass & ukulele chords, tabs, and lyrics to learn your favorite songs!
Search for any song by type, difficulty, tuning, and rating.
Focus on guitar techniques or discover songs for particular moments with collections from professional guitarists.
Play 16,000+ popular songs in their original sound with Tonebridge Guitar Effects.
• Explore guitar, bass & ukulele chords, tabs, and lyrics for more than 800,000 songs
Get offline access to favorite tabs
• Switch to left-handed mode
• Put together tab collections and compile your favorite tabs in playlists
• Edit chords, lyrics or change tabs in other ways to fit your requirements with Personal tabs
• Watch videos to refresh songs in your memory or use it as a backing track
• Set the most suitable font style and size for the tab
• Enjoy dark mode for a gig
With Pro account:
• Play songs note by note, at a pace that suits you best using interactive tabs
• Jam with over 7,000 HQ tabs that include backing tracks and synchronized lyrics
• Hit the right tempo with metronome
• Use the built-in guitar tuner to achieve the right sound
• Transpose songs to the tone that suits you
• Choose the most comfortable chord variation from the world's biggest library of chords
• Make a difficult song easier with the simplify function
• Use autoscroll to avoid distractions during your practice
• Share, print, and export the most important songs
Problems or feedback?
We strive for excellence, and we're always eager to improve your Tabs experience! Please do not post bug reports or feature requests as an App Store review. Let us help you in person - contact development team at email@example.com, and we'll do our best to meet your requests.
Stay in touch:
• The Ultimate Guitar Pro subscription gives you unlimited access to the app's premium content and features
• The subscription price is $5.99/monthly, $39.99/yearly*
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
• Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your device's Account Settings after purchase
• There is no way to cancel your current subscription during its active period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
You can read our terms of service at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/tos.htm