User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I originally rated this app one star because it bombarded me with pop ups to rate it. So I did, one star. Because it was unusable. Thankfully an update fixed the developers over zealous need for ratings and the app is useful again. I recently used the app in Thailand where I’m searching for a piece of land with a view of the sunset over the mountains. It was indispensable as the realtor always told me the land met my requirements. Often times it did not and I showed them the proof. Even better, this app gives you sunset and sunrise paths for not only the current day but for other days and months throughout the year. This allowed me to see where the sunset would be for the time period I will be here, most of the winter. Excellent app well worth the cost.
My wife and I are designing a solar focused home in NM, USA. Sifting through overly technical websites with mountains of raw data left us starving for usable information specific to our homesite. This app not only translates such data into usable information for today’s date but, gives us projections of where the sun will be throughout the year. Now we are able to site our future home with (solar) precision as well as make better decisions as to the exact nature of our structure’s design to maximize solar gain for the winter and shade for the summer.
I recently purchased and installed this app on a 3Gs running the updated iOs without mishap. Last weekend, our group of five went to Utah for the annular solar eclipse on 20 May 2012. In Kanarraville, Utah, this app enabled me to accurately predict where the Sun would set. I accomplished this feat without practice and with an unfamiliar horizon. Bravo! Update 2014 This app is still going strong for me. Sun Seeker is a valuable tool for astrophotographers. I use this app often and it is unsurpassed for plotting and framing solar eclipse photographs. Update 2018 SS is getting better as time passes. This augmented reality (AR) app is always great but it a key part of my eclipse observing toolkit. I used it again last summer in Oregon for the total solar eclipse. SS still works fine with my new iPhone 8+ and never seems to crash. The map feature is neat and well executed. Seeing how time affects the azimuth range of the Sun is useful and fascinating. 6*!
Whether you’re shooting video or still photos, scripted or documentary, this app is essential. Even more crucial for time lapse shooters. Any weather app can tell you when the sun will rise and set, but this one shows you exactly where with AR overlays using your phone’s camera, so you’ll know precisely when the sun will be blocked by that building. Or you can look at a location map with the sun’s course clearly marked. Must-have when scouting locations for any type of camera work.
I’ve wanted an app like this for years. So much that I nearly built it myself. Buying this app was my last effort before starting that process and I’m glad I did. Sun Seeker delivers on its core promise of being the easiest way to track the sun for any location on earth. We just used it to place the planter beds in our new home and I’m sure I’ll use it in the future to plan photo shoots or place buildings. Just a great app executed very well.
Sunseeker is a comprehensive solar tracking & compass app. It shows the sun’s hourly direction intervals, its equinox, winter & summer solstice paths, sunrise sunset times, twilight times, sun shadow, the golden hour & more. The app allows you to add sun-event notifications & has a widget showing the day’s solar data & position on an arc. The surveyor view shows the solar direction for each sunlight hour. Sunseeker has both a flat compass view & a 3D Augmented Reality (AR) view to show the solar position & path.
The app is useful for -
to plan according to the golden hour or blue hour & optimal sunlight conditions, sunrise & sunset times & directions.
▶ Cinematographers- this sun tracker & sun surveyor enables you to find the sun exposure, directions, sun shadow & sunrise sunset times for any location.
▶ Real Estate Buyers- can use the app before buying a property to check the sun path & to find the sun exposure of properties.
▶ Drivers - Sunseeker lets you track the sun path & movement during the days & helps drivers know the sun position to find how long the car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot.
▶ Campers & Picnickers- for anyone planning a day out, Sunseeker app will help in finding where to camp, sit or pitch an umbrella depending on the sunlight & sun direction.
▶ Gardeners- Sun Seeker can also help with finding optimal planting locations & seasonal sunlight hours as a sun rise calendar
▶ Architects & Surveyors- for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year & using the compass app as a sun surveyor & calendar to determine the sunlight directions.
* Sunseeker is a sun locator which uses GPS, magnetometer & gyroscope to find the correct solar position & sun path for your current location.
* Flat compass view shows current solar position, diurnal solar angle & elevation (separated into day & night segments), sun shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness.
* 3D augmented reality (AR) camera overlay view shows the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked. Check golden hour using this feature!
* Camera view has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun & help you with sun direction.
* Map view shows solar direction arrows, sun path & elevations for each hour of the day.
* Choose any date to view sun position & path on that day. You can view sunset & sunrise times for each day as well.
* Choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations available offline, as well as a comprehensive online map search capability)
* Get additional details including sun rise, sunset & culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical & astronomical twilight times of the sun.
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods & events, such as golden hour or blue hour, various twilight & shadow periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* This sun rise calendar app allows the user to include equinox, summer & winter solstice paths on both flat compass view & camera view.
Sun Seeker app has been featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites & publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. "Truly amazing", "Incredible", "Brilliant" - the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality - ever!
Check out our YouTube video here: https://bit.ly/2Rf0CkO
Simply search YouTube for "Sun Seeker app" to find many videos, websites & blogs created by our enthusiastic users
* See https://bit.ly/2FIPJq2 - also easily accessible from the app's info screen
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired. The device’s compass accuracy can be optimised by calibrating it prior to use. See app’s FAQs for more help.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI