User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I am impressed at being able to combine my CCD camera view and telescope optics to get a FOV. As I zoom in on a target, the FOV maintains aspect ratio to the target. I’ve checked a few and indeed, the size of the object matches what I’ve gotten on my CCD sensor. This is very handy for planning because some targets would be too big or small for my FOV so I can find a more suitable subject for a photo. App has very good graphics compared to others I’ve used and the size and orientation look correct.
This could be great APP except for some limitations. The positive is, it has a great display of the sky with many helpful tools. One of the tools I like is being able to save my DSO viewed objects. The however is that it is very difficult to acquire a clean link between the iPad and the Celestron Nexstar Evolution mount. With WiFi. With having WiFi as the only available link it becomes useless in a populated area with 2 or more fellow star gazers also using wifi. If they could update the APP to allow a mini USB connection passing thru the Hand Controller. There is another App that I stumbled across That utilized this connection. It uses a mini USB cable that connects to the HC and passes the commands onto the mount. There is also a path for EQ mounts where the connection is direct, bypassing the HC. Even though the APP is free it does not come up to the quality of the user interface and display SkySafari. One thing I said earlier is the ability to save your viewing history and printing out a hard copy. If this app incorporated a USB connection it would have a 6 plus star rating.
This business model of making a new version as a new app, asking users to repurchase it, and removing the old version from the store is confusing. I uninstalled my previous version to install the new version, after being prompted to download the new version from within the app. I realized after installing the new version that features had been removed, and that I needed to purchase this “plus” version to re-enable the features I lost. I couldn’t find the previous version in the App Store, so I just paid for this. The developer has pointed out that the old version can still be downloaded from the App Store in the previously purchased section of my account. Thanks.
This app is smooth and powerful. I will like learning how to use this great software. During my first session SkySafari alerted me to an HST pass. My ten-year-old observing partner and I enjoyed watching the low-angle pass on my iPhone almost as much as we would have liked directly observing the orbiting observatory. Tonight I loaded a second copy of this app on my iPad and watched my niece load another copy on her iPhone. It still works great!
This is one of the best astronomy apps, that always resets the user preference to backup user data to the publisher’s Cloud Storage. I don’t want to backup to your cloud storage and always disable that. Please start respecting user preference settings, and stop overriding them with every incremental Mac and iOS update of your app. That disrespect is a major turnoff. Others have complained about this with past versions, so clearly we are being ignored (and the developer has never responded here). UPDATE: all versions from my original review December 2018 to 6.31 in April 2019 continue to overwrite my Cloud Storage settings.
Developed by the Simulation Curriculum Corp..
SkySafari 6 Plus has 1 289 user reviews.
SkySafari 6 Plus has an average rating of 4.7.
The latest version of SkySafari 6 Plus (6.5.3) was released on Nov 22, 2019.
You can download SkySafari 6 Plus here:.
SkySafari 6 Plus goes beyond most basic astronomy apps by providing you with a full-featured space simulator with telescope control and Augmented Reality (AR) mode.
Note that there is no discount upgrade path from SkySafari 6 Plus to SkySafari 6 Pro. Choose carefully!
Here's what's new in version 6:
1) Complete support for iOS 13 and iPhone 11. We got you covered and release regular updates.
2) Clouds and Astronomy. Two words that rarely go together. Rewritten from the ground up, SkySafari 6 Plus will (optionally) back up all of your observing data in our secure cloud storage and make
it easily accessible to multiple devices as well as from our new web interface, LiveSky.com.
3) We Have The Best Stars. Precise, modern and deep. We’ve updated our star catalog to use the latest and greatest, UCAC5 star catalog.
4) Observers First. A redesign of our tools puts the active observer first. Quick access to features like your equipment, observing sites, lists, and observations make it easy and enjoyable to get out, observe, and record your observations.
5) Graph It. The completely new graph tool will give a quick visual representation of an object’s altitude above the horizon. Essential for planning your night’s observations.
6) Plan It. Make the most of your time under the stars. Our updated planner is a powerful tool that lets you create a list of targets for your observing session with filters like object types, specific time ranges, constellation, catalog, and more. Plan it and get more done.
7) Say It. Ever just wanted to just yell at your device and tell it what to do!? SkySafari 6 adds basic voice control for a wide range of operations. Say “select Jupiter,” “search for Titan,” “center on Polaris” and SkySafari will do the work for you. Yelling optional.
8) Tilt It. Every old astronomy app these days lets your tilt and pan your device to show different parts of the sky, but who else lets you control your telescope that way!? “Tilt to slew” is an optional mode allowing you to keep your eye in the eyepiece, and, using the accelerometers in your device, gently translate the movements of your hands into smooth telescope motion.
9) Share It. SkySafari 6 is more than just a mobile app, it’s a new system to help organize and share your observing experiences. With a free signup, you can see and share your observing data from our web portal, LiveSky.com! Affordable premium memberships add online editing, so you can not only view, but edit your observations, add new observing sites, manage your equipment and more. Finally, (coming soon) you can view, edit and manage your settings files with SkySafari Web, our fully functional web version.
If you haven't used SkySafari 6 Plus before, here's what you can do with it:
• Hold your device up, and SkySafari 6 Plus will find stars, constellations, planets, and more!
• Simulate the night sky up to 10,000 years in the past or future! Animate meteor showers, conjunctions, eclipses, and other celestial events.
• Learn the history, mythology, and science of astronomy! Browse over 1500 object descriptions and astronomical images. Explore NASA space missions! Stay up-to-date with SkyWeek for all major sky events every day!
• Control your telescope, log and plan your observations.
• Night Vision – Preserve your eyesight after dark.
• Orbit Mode. Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly through our solar system.
• Time Flow – Follow the motion of sky objects as days, months, and years are compressed into a few seconds.
• Advanced Search – Find objects using properties other than their name.
• Support for Apple Watch!
• Tonight at a Glance: the Sun, Moon, Planets, ISS, and Iridium flares in one handy view!
• Notifications when the ISS will pass overhead, when Iridium satellites flare, and more!
• Much more!
For even more features, and a gigantic database aimed at the most dedicated amateur or professional astronomer, check out SkySafari 6 Pro!
Netflix has been Apple’s favorite for years. However, since the beginning of this year, their relationship has taken a turn and now resembles a cold war. Who won the battle? Let’s sort it out below.
3 months to rebrand an app with 40 markets in two app stores. Impossible? Not at all. Read this inspirational case from Skyscanner's own Alexandra Lamachenka and learn how she made it possible with ASO.
Billions of people devote billions of hours to their phones every day. This creates endless opportunities for developers to turn their products into sources of stable income. Today we will explain all possible ways of apps' monetization.
Get insights to empower your mobile marketing strategy
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
The brand new Keywords & ASO tool opens new opportunities for keyword research and optimization.
This blog post covers what product fit in mobile app business is, discusses where the product stands in the business strategy, and provides insights on discovery methods, including app reviews study, gap search, and user interview.