User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
The app needs some TLC from a human. My sense is that it has spent too long under the hands of techies and over-aspirational leadership. I‘m a tech guy one; but the app would be better for molding by someone who just loves music and wants to snatch a title. I‘m that, too. The problem, after signing up and upgrading, I find it impossible to get back to the Shazam screen to which I am accustomed - You know, The big blue shazam button. Instead I have some incomprehensible screen with settings of undefined/ non-intuitive meaning; links to other apps; blah; blah. Shazam is not an all encompassing social environment. Stop it, Shazam CEO (or Creative Director or whoever is pitching otherwise). If I can‘t figure it out, I have to delete it and figure something else out. I don‘t want to. Please give me back the blue button; make it easy to get music on the drive by again; and you got my 3 bucks a month for life. Deal?
I’ve been using Shazam for over 10 years I barely thought about giving it a review. Not that it really needs it, because many people already know about the app globally. It’s the best app to see what artist/tv/movie/radio is playing! I remembered when I first used it when 3G was barely the next gen with it at these speeds it made it so much better to search for the details without any needs to going the the webpage or anything else it is at your fingertips just one click their is a way to say “Shazam” to start the searching. I am not to sure if it works with everything. Most o the type I find my self just using Siri to do most of my stuff while moving around. It’s a very useful app because you may what to know what movie someone is watching or a friend my want to know without interrupting the movie they can search seamlessly!
I absolutely love Shazam. I also love all types of music but especially classical music and especially of the modern genre. I play keyboards and was brought up playing an antique Harmonium (a pedal reed organ) and in a short time became accomplished enough to be the Assistant Organist for a large Presbyterian Church in the Twin City suburb town of Hastings MN. We had a small seven rank but very powerful Pipe Organ which was absolutely a GAS to play full organ even tho I had to sort of wing it on the full 32 note pedal keyboard. Now getting back to my review of Shazam. I think your App comes up short in identifying classical musical tracks and albums. Most serious music lovers prefer to know the Composer first before they know who are the Artists or Artist. I do wish Shazam would provide much more Info on the Classical Music tracks (PLEASE) but thanx a whole lot for what you do do.
I’ve noticed you are using the release date of that certain song which may not be when it was originally released. I know songs released in 60’s and 70’s have this done when album is reissue. I’m having to look up correct year when making year specific play lists. Also, younger people take that as correct & won’t be argued out of it. Would it be a huge problem to add Originally Released showing that year. Shazam doesn’t always recognize older songs. Just finished watching Ken Burns series Country Music and a there were a lot of artists not recognized at all. It seems to not recognize music that’s not mainstream. I don’t tend too listen to mainstream all the time. Local groups aren’t noticed sometimes either even ef they’ve had a few albums out. Shazam not too bad keeping up with massive amount of music there is today. I just get annoyed sometimes when I can’t find the words to that dang song that’s playing right now!
This is the bestest app ever PEOPLE! If you want to know the name of a song and artist this is the app you want. It is so accurate and on point. I always keep Shazam open in the background because I love any kind of music that sounds good to me since I don’t have a preference in music my playlist varies and this is how I use it .......when I am listening to the radio and a new song comes on and I have never heard that song....BAAM! I SHAZAM IT RIGHT AWAY!!!! when a car goes by with a good song that I like, or when I go into any business to shop and they’re playing some nice song I immediately SHAZAM IT......I love the fact that I it also finds latin music not only English music and the app is able to find both languages, and even classical music, well the list goes on. I love it and use it basically everyday. ❤️❤️❤️❤️😊
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery
with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Drake, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, DJ Khaled and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs and add them to Apple Music or Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Apple Music or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch to name that song in seconds, right from your wrist!
• See your past Shazams with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon on iPhone to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI