This is a great way to spend time with your little one my baby loves the music along with the beautiful colors and story thank you so much.
The only story app that present in moving illustration style. Graphics, music, voice are great. App run smoothly as well.
My son loved it. He wanted to watch it everyday before sleeping. I often saw him smile while watching...very great app...
I was intrigued because my son wants to learn Japanese and the description matched how one using the app could “develop an interest in reading in other languages”. The problem is the Japanese used is Katakana characters only- adding romaji below would make a HUGE difference in him actually being able to understand how to read each syllable of each word. Also, there is no way to tap on an individual word, to hear it read aloud- which would also be extremely useful if claiming to help children read in a different language. As it is, the sentences are read very quickly, and there is no highlighting of words as they are read, so you don’t get to make an association between what you are hearing, and how what you are hearing is spelled/written. Another issue is when you get to the story comprehension section, it becomes a robotic voice- no more professional voiceovers. Also, it simply tells you how many questions were answered correctly “9/12”, but it does not tell the child which answers were correct and which were incorrect- not very useful for learning purposes. There was also a really awkwardly worded question in this section. It said “What happened to the pile of presents”? And then the answer choices said “that it was growing”, “that it was growing smaller”, “that you can’t see it”, and “that it reached the ceiling”. This grammatical structure makes zero sense in this context. So that was a disappointment. If you just want this app for listening to a cute story, then 5 stars- the voiceovers are professional, the storyline cute, and the illustrations gorgeous. But if you were pulled in by promise of story comprehension questions and learning to read in Japanese, this will disappoint you. For me, two stars. Will give an even 3, in the hopes the description will be more clear about the app’s capabilities in the future.
Developed by the Cambrian Labs B.V.,
who have also released the following apps Sally & Friends: The Birthday .
Sally & Friends: The Birthday has 11 user reviews.
Sally & Friends: The Birthday has an average rating of 4.8.
The latest version of Sally & Friends: The Birthday (3.2) was released on Mar 08, 2019.
You can download Sally & Friends: The Birthday here:.
Sally & Friends interactive books are specifically designed to improve listening and reading comprehension skills. They also develop interest in reading in different languages in toddlers and young children.
Our interactive books include comprehension questions in a game-like quiz carefully designed to ensure that the children answers are a true reflection
of their comprehension level, and not a result of memorizing the correct answers. Questions and answers can be performed with text and audio, only with text or only with audio, to exercise reading and listening comprehension separately.
The narration can also be recorded by the user, so the children listen the story from a familiar voice, like Grandma, Grandpa, Dad or Mom.
- Improves reading and listening comprehension skills by using a game-like quiz that is funny and interesting
- Promotes reading among children by using a funny interactive story
- Allows children to listen stories from family members that are far from home
- Increases exposure of children to foreign languages from a very young age
*** FEATURES ***
- Child-friendly and intuitive user interface.
- Quiz with comprehension questions with only text, only voice, or both
- Easy to record narrations with our Story Recording Studio
- Custom narration can be sent to other devices
- Read-to-me or Read-along
- Age verification control to prevent children from accessing resticted areas of the App
- Original story, beautifully illustrated by children’s illustrator Leslie Umezaki
- Fully illustrated interactive pages and up to 150 animated objects
- Text and Narration in 9 different languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and Korean
- Story narrated by professional voice over artists
- Easily switch between languages during the narration
- Pause/Resume Narration
- Individual On/Off control for Music, Sound Effects, Text and Voice
- Finger swipe or Buttons for Next/Previous page
This is the full version.
*** TECHNICAL SUPPORT ***
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cambrian-labs.com/support
*** ABOUT US ***
Visit us: http://cambrian-labs.com/portfolio/sallyandfriends
Follow us: twitter.com/SallyAndFriends
Like us: facebook.com/SallyAndFriends
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business