User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I have to say after trying about 15 earthquake apps, i have found this one to be the easiest and nicest to use. The data is presented very well on the list page and the fonts are readable. Also the map is reasonably well done. By the way, the ability to adjust font size is much appreciated. Thank you! The one function this app is lacking is push notifications. I read once where they have some agreement not to do notices but that greatly reduces this app's value as you have to have a different earthquake app with notices to know an earthquake just happened and where so you can look them up on this one. In time, everyone will just stop using (and purchasing) this app if the developers don't add that functionality.
This app is great, but I remember when I first downloaded this app, a few months back, I was able to zoom into an area, much closer than I can now.. what happened to the pixels? It’s not as clear anymore.. I liked it before when I could see exactly what the terrain looks like, where the quake hit. I would really appreciate if you could fix that issue! Thanks!!
Because this app pulls from numerous sources and not JUST USGS-who have a reputation for under-reporting or even NOT reporting quakes which may affect their corporate sponsors-after trying NUMEROUS quake apps, I ALWAYS return to this one. My only problem has been notifications. But, now I have an app that ONLY gives push notifications, (not much detail), and I can just open THIS app for all my detail! Have also recommended to fellow Dutch-watchers. While I personally have only experienced a few quakes personally and live in a rather low risk zone; after the Aug ‘11 quake knocked my building off its foundation here in Pa; and I have friends & family in high-risk zones, I prefer to keep INFORMED & PREPARED!
This should be on everyone’s phone or tablet right beside their favorite weather app! I have been using this app for years, and it just keeps getting better. There is so much to learn from QuakeWatch. Real-time information always fascinates me. I highly recommend this excellent app.
I've been using this app a couple of years. It is very scientific and super interesting. I'm not in an earthquake zone but if I was on the west coast this would be an app I would use everyday. The interface could not be better. The developers hit a homerun! Great work Quakewatch!
•• The top paid earthquake app for over 8 years.
•• A #1 News app in 56 countries so far including the US, UK, and Canada.
•• An App Store Top 100 app in 39 countries so far including the US and Canada.
•• Rated an “Essential App” by AppAdvice.
•• Written-up in USA Today.
•• Shown and discussed on CNN Newsroom.
QuakeWatch has been the most popular paid earthquake app in the App Store for over 8 years -- used by schools, relief
agencies, media outlets, and thousands of people around the world curious about earthquakes near to them, family, or friends.
It has reached the App Store Top 100, and #1 in News, multiple times.
It is a feature-rich reference guide, free of ads, of the latest magnitude 1.0 and larger earthquakes from around the world as provided by ten worldwide sources including the US Geological Survey and the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre. Find out when they happened, where they happened, how big they were, and more. All in an easy-to-use interface without losing space to banner ads!
The key features of QuakeWatch include:
• An interactive world map view with tectonic plates showing reported earthquakes over the past week. Pan and zoom the map to focus on hot spots and click the details button to see the quake report. Also the ability to replay the earthquakes in order.
• Sort the listing by the most recent earthquakes.
• Sort by the largest earthquakes over the past week.
• Sort by the closest earthquakes to your location and see the distance and direction from your position.
• Sort by earthquakes nearest to a place anywhere on the earth that you easily specify. Great for tracking quakes near family members. Shows the distance and bearing from them.
• Choose from reporting services in the US, Europe, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Iceland, and Italy.
• Select the tsunami icon in the toolbar for quick access to the latest tsunami information for the Pacific, US West Coast & Alaska, Australia, and Japan.
• Send earthquake information to yourself or others through email, Twitter, Facebook, or SMS text messaging.
• Filter out smaller earthquakes from the list by setting the minimum shown to be between 1.0 and 6.0.
• Select an earthquake from the list to view more information along with a live map of its location and the ability to show nearby earthquakes.
• Selecting the blue additional details button will take you to the reporting web site integrated into the application for more information about the earthquake which may include distances from cities, historical maps, shake maps, etc., and then easily return to the list.
• Universal app - supports the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Supports quick view multitasking on the iPad on iOS 10 and newer.
• iPod touch and iPad WiFi users can manually specify their current location if greater accuracy is needed.
• The ability to define local earthquakes within a radius of your location. Then sort by "Closest" to see all local earthquakes sorted by distance or the most recent.
• Earthquakes within the last 2 hours and within your local range are colored blue for quick identification.
• All times are shown in your time zone.
• No banner ads.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI