User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
The app works just as I had hoped it would. I am able to see a live stream on my Apple Watch and the last event. When I purchased the the app the last event option would not display on my phone or watch. I contacted the developer and he worked with me for multiple days trying to get to the root cause. He never gave up and even offered me a refund. I declined his offer to refund because I knew his app worked due to a friend who has the app. He contacted Nest for me and I sent him some information that Nest asked for. The next day there’s a software update for my Nest app. And Nest had fixed the problem on there end. I do not leave many reviews but I really wanted to somehow thank the developer for being so diligent on getting this to work for me. I wish all developers were like the gentleman who created this app. I would not hesitate to purchase an app from this developer!
I’ve long wanted the ability to quickly check the Nest Cam from my wrist (for example, when I wake up, to see if the baby has woken up, or to check in when I’m working out at the gym). This app works much better than I thought would be possible; it is fast, responsive, and refreshes the watch every few seconds, even if connected to your phone via Bluetooth. There’s also zoom, either by tapping or using the Digital Crown. You can switch between last activity and live stream by force pressing on the Watch. Fantastic! One feature request: improve the features on the phone/tablet app when you have time; it’s more useful than you think. For example, any chance the iPad could get Picture-in-Picture, which the Nest app doesn’t have? Thank you!
At first I couldn’t see my camera stream, but Marko was extremely gracious with his time helping me. Turns out I just didn’t see the app in my Watch settings. Once I found it everything was fine. The app works great! I can stream anytime to see what’s going on. The zoom feature on my watch is far better than I expected. I have the smaller watch and was concerned about really being able to see anything, but it is clear and definitely zooms in enough to see everything. Very happy. Highly recommend. The functionality and customer service has been great. Thank you!!
I’ve used Watch Cam for years and have loved its simplicity, yet powerful capabilities that allow me to monitor my Nest Cams on my Watch. Last Fall, when Google acquired Nest and changed the way the login for the Nest Cams worked, crazy me didn’t read the disclaimer thoroughly, and didn’t realize that once I changed the login option for Nest to use my Google Login instead, I wouldn’t be able to use my old Nest Login on other apps, even if they were not set up to use Google as a login option. But once I had tried to log into this app, I found I could no longer use it because Google hadn’t provided the API capabilities to others to incorporate into their apps. BUT...! Today, I found that Watch Cam now has the Google Account Login Option and I immediately tried it and guess what? IT WORKS!! and it doesn’t just work, it runs faster, and streams faster than ever before! To the Developers at Watch Cam, GREAT JOB!!
I’ve been a fan of this app since I found it. It’s the only app that allows my Nest Cams to be seen on brilliant widgets, and the only app that lets me view my Nest Cameras live on my watch. So, I’m working with the developer to iron out bugs and it’s almost there. The upcoming version for those that migrated to google login is coming. I’m running it and it works! Hats off to this developer for caring about his app.
Developed by the Marko Radakovic,
Watch Cam for Nest Cam has 70 user reviews.
Watch Cam for Nest Cam has an average rating of 3.7.
The latest version of Watch Cam for Nest Cam (8.2) was released on May 25, 2020.
You can download Watch Cam for Nest Cam here:.
Apple Watch, Nest Cam, and Siri together. What a sight!
The app has Siri Voice shortcuts, and they can be used to set your home into Away or Home state using Siri on your Watch or iPhone, as well as to display the live feeds from your cameras.
The app fully supports Apple Watch LTE, and can work when the iPhone is not around - as long as the watch itself has internet access (either LTE or WiFi).
Cam lets you monitor all your Nest Cams from the Apple Watch or the iOS Widget.
• From the watch face, tap on the Watch Cam complication to open the app. Swipe left and right to view life feeds from all your Nest Cams.
• One of the new Series 4 Watch complications shows you the snapshot from the camera of your choice, right on the watch face. The snapshot updates periodically all on its own, so you'll have a recent view of your camera any time you look at the watch. Useful when waiting for that package to arrive.
• On your iOS device you can swipe to the notification center to see what's on all of your cameras.
• View the continuously updated Live Feed from the camera in the watch app, the iOS widget, or the iOS app. The feed updates with a new image approximately every second on the iOS and two seconds on the Watch - may be faster or slower, depending on your network speed.
• Use the digital crown on the Watch to zoom in and out, or tap the screen to toggle zoom levels.
• Use the pinch gesture on the camera views in the iOS app to zoom in and out. Single tap toggles the zoom level in the iOS app and the iOS widget.
• Turn the device to landscape mode to increase the camera views sizes.
• Double tap on the Live Feed view in the iOS app or the widget to launch the Nest app.
• Set Geofence around your home to reliably set the Home and Away state when you come and go.
Watch Face Complications can display the following:
• Snapshot from the camera of your choice that updates periodically.
• Status of all the cameras - if the camera icon is green, it means that all your cameras are online and streaming. If it's dimmed, it means that some cameras are off.
You can press the Watch screen firmly for additional functions, like setting the home/away status, or turning the camera streaming on and off.
While the app's minimalist looks betray the simplicity of its operation, what they don't show is the amount of planning, design, development and refinement that went into it, ensuring it becomes something that is enjoyable to use and experience.
Please Note: Watch Cam does not collect any of your data. Your login information, camera feeds, and any activity - all of it flows exclusively between your devices and Nest. Author of Watch Cam does not receive any of it, at any point.
This app and its developer are unaffiliated with Google Inc. or Google Nest. Nest is a trademark of Google Inc.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
PicsArt’s Team Lead at User Success Team shared with us how they support users in 30 languages across iOS, Android, Windows apps, and a web platform keeping their CSAT at over 80%.
App rating is one of those rare metrics that influence both CAC (CPI) and LTV. User reviews can help you grow your rating relatively fast and easy. Let’s get into details and understand how to build a proper ratings & reviews strategy to cut your user acqu