User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Great app which I used to watch live stream of Super Bowl 50 on my iPhone. Anyway, the only things lacking in the app: 1) unlike Safari and Chrome, the user is unable to tap the browser window near the top bar to get it to auto-scroll and return to the top. From habit, I keep tapping up there, but nothing happens... 2) I use a Bluetooth input device (a keypad) for inputting numbers into my iPhone's browser, and it would be great if the app automatically jumped to only active area on the browser screen whenever I tapped on the Bluetooth keyboard. It's a royal pain to have to manually select the input area, then activate the keyboard, in order to input numbers. 3) it would be great if the app remembered user names and passwords, since that's something both Safari and Chrome do (they also remember numbers you've input before, so you can simply select the desired number when it attempts to auto-complete). 4) it would be a cherry on top if the app supported printing to the cloud (Chrome prints to Google Drive, and Safari prints to DropBox).
It always surprised me when new native browsers came out for each version of iOS with no flash capabilities. Yet this app has been able to do it splendidly even on my 4th Gen iPod Touch. This company/app is apparently so ahead of its time that major companies still haven't figured out how useful mobile flash functionality is. EDIT: READ THIS IF YOU GET A "Firefox crashed" ERROR. You need to try different engines (the setting with "v1" through "v4" as options). I usually use the "v2" setting as it seems the most versatile. To compensate for differences in different device capabilities, I think the company put this option in so the user can decide which flash engine works best for their device. It's smart thinking in my opinion.
I downloaded Photon after my former main browser, Puffin, announced that it would no longer be usable on July 1, 2019. Photon does mostly fill the void. However, there is one major flaw that stops me from LIKING Photon; my iPhone's status bar is hidden. While I'm using Photon, I can't look at the clock, signal, or battery. But I'll have to make do. The developers' website is a 404, they haven't posted on their Twitter in years, and the last update even here was 3 years ago. With this in mind, I'm surprised the remote servers are still running at all. Everything but the browser itself points to the browser being an abandoned project. So I don't have hopes for this issue to be fixed any time soon. There's also another major annoyance in that I can't edit the URL of bookmarks. Only the titles. This makes some bookmarks that I regularly used impossible to bookmark.
I had been using this app for years and it has been my go to app for playing flash games and doing my online courses. The app is great for viewing flash content that Safari is unable to. Many of my school courses is also in flash format and being able to do it on my iOS device is a big help. It does 99% of what I needed and is a great app. I recommended to my friends all the time when they complain about not being able to work on their courses without their laptops.
I have nothing bad to submit about this browser. It generally always opens pages that others won't. If you don't already have this browser you don't know what your missing out on. I started out using this on my IPhone 5 (64g) and progressed to iPhone 6+ and this browser always works when the other browsers don't. You don't have to take my word because I know how well it has worked when flash won't.
+ "Photon browser is a powerful and versatile Safari alternative that excels in its Flash support..." - USAToday
+ Photon for iPad is #1 in Utilities in US, UK and top 30 overall app around the world.
+ Photon plays flash videos, games and flash websites.
Appsverse Photon Browser is a powerful new browser specifically designed to enhance your browsing experience on the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is packed with innovative features. Here are just some
1. Flash browsing support
- Photon Browser allows you to play Flash games such as free Facebook games, use Flash apps and watch Flash video inline using its remote cloud browse mode.
- Browse Flash websites that would otherwise not display on the iPhone.
- Play music that streams through a Flash player.
- Read news that require Flash support.
- Press the “Lightning” icon on the bottom right navigation bar when you encounter a Flash website on the iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Combines fast native browsing for normal websites and remote browsing for Flash websites. Switch between the 2 modes using the lightning bolt button (for Flash) or the web globe button (for native browsing).
- Support different mode such as pointer mode for precision that makes your iPhone acts like a mouse pad. Supports touch mode for scrolling and touch/click. Supports drag mode for dragging around game maps.
- Zoom in flash. PLEASE WAIT a second or two for the zoom to update before zooming again on iPhone and iPod touches.
- We support audio. PLEASE MAKE sure your mute switch is not on.
2. Fully featured powerful browser
- Private browsing clears history, cookies and caches upon browser exit.
- Anonymous browsing through our servers.
- Share content via email.
- Brightness control for night time browsing.
- Rotation lock for playing web based games.
- Personalize your browser by choosing from thousands of colors.
- Bookmarks support
- Print web pages using AirPrint.
- More innovative features to come
Important notes - PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING:
- When you encounter a Flash website, REMEMBER TO CLICK ON the "Lightning Bolt" button to enter Flash streaming mode. Otherwise, you will see the standard Adobe message that Flash needs to be installed or upgraded as you are still in the native browser mode. Only by explicitly clicking on the "Lightning" button will you then be able to view Flash content.
- If you have a slow Internet connection such as over a slow 3G network, remote browsing feature may have slow performance even though we have made great technological improvements to support Flash over low bandwidth. Flash mode works best over Wifi in a broadband network. Just because you have Wifi does not mean you have a fast network. Wifi is fast enough but your bottleneck is the wired connection that your Wifi sits on. However, you can still use Photon as a fast native browser for your regular browsing.
- If you have problems, do not hesitate to contact us given in the support link on iTunes. We are extremely responsive and answer questions within 1-3 business days. For terms, please go to www.appsverse.com/Terms
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI