User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
As a cellist who frequently plays orchestral and chamber music, this app, along with my iPad, is seriously the best thing ever. With my AirTurn pedal, page turning and fumbling with paper is no longer an issue. The editing function is so easy and flexible, and the fact that you can use different colors for marking and highlighting makes this app incredibly useful. Add to all that the fact that I can easily add any PDF to my music library, be it repertoire I’m currently playing or études and other practice work, not to mention keep all my students’ work in one convenient app, makes Newzik a complete game changer for the classical musician. If you’re wondering whether to take the plunge and use an iPad for all your music, I can wholeheartedly say DO IT, and be sure to use the Newzik app combined with a Duo AirTurn pedal. Such a worthwhile investment!
The annotate feature isn’t functioning well for my work. I annotate my scores heavily because I sometimes have to play from orchestral reductions. I find it incredibly helpful to be able to edit out the notes that I decide to leave out. It isn’t freezing up a lot on me when I zoom in using the annotate feature. Otherwise, I actually really like the app, so I really hope that you will find a way to fix that problem because I paid for this product. I use ForScore for a different job, and I still prefer that app over this one. But, I really need a good second app to use because I need to keep some of my sheet music in a different spot.
I’ve been using Newzik for a couple of years now and there is plenty to like. As a tuba player, this allows me to find music quickly. It never blows off the stand, and I always have enough light. I did have pay for the upgrade to 5.0 when I thought it would be free for existing users. But, I don’t really mind supporting the folks that provide such fine support to a product I use almost daily. There are two features that I would like to see: 1) white notes on black background. This would help greatly when the scene calls for blackout. 2) the ability use the iPad’s camera to snap an image of a piece of music on paper and bring it directly into the library without going through one or two independent apps to change the image to a pdf.
Lately it’s gotten a bit “buggy”. It doesn’t let me send emails directly from the app. Don’t know if it’s a problem with iOS or with the latest update from iOS or from Newzik. The Newzik team is working on it but have yet to get me a fix for the issue. I can work around it by sending the files using the cut and paste format in PDF conversion but I cannot even send Newzik an e-mail directly from the app. It’s going on five days now and no fix yet. Just sent an email to Newzik via Yahoo asking if I have to pay for a complete deletion and re-installation but it’s 8:30PM in France right now so no one in the office.
I took a leap of faith to try Newzik instead of forScore which has longer history and followers and strongly recommended by many musicians. I do enjoy Newzik and it works well enough. I noticed that when I turned on “half-page” page turn, and then I turned it off, it was still displayed in half-page, and I don’t know how to fix this. Also, I wish there was just one setting I could change - which is to be able to turn pages using space bar on my Bluetooth keyboard. iBooks, or even IMSLP iPad app have that feature and they are both free. Any chance this could be fixed as well?
Are you ready for a superior music reading experience? Newzik is the go-to collaborative app allowing you to build your own digital library and access it wherever you are.
Who was Newzik created for?
The Newzik app was designed for the pickiest musicians, by the pickiest musicians. Whether you are leading one of the world’s most prestigious symphonic orchestras, studying the guitar in a music school or singing in a bar while playing the
piano, Newzik was built for you!
Organize your digital library
- Use any standard digital format: import your PDF, TXT or MusicXML files, but also your audio/video files to build your own digital library.
- Access your library anywhere: thanks to the Newzik Cloud, you will retrieve your sheet music when and where you need them, from any iOS device.
- Organize your library more efficiently into Setlists and sort your scores in alphabetical order, by composer or in a custom order.
- Add several files such as parts or arrangements to the same Piece and switch between each in a single click.
- Rearrange, delete or duplicate pages from your scores to customize your Pieces.
Enhance your scores
- Annotate with pens, highlighters or musical symbols and create an infinite number of layers. Use an Apple Pencil for even more powerful results!
- Choose your page-turn preferences: the Bluetooth foot pedal, the Jump, the half-page turn and much more!
- Synchronize your scores with audio or video files, including Youtube videos, to create play-alongs or interactive courses for your students.
Share with your fellow musicians
- Discover our Projects: collaborative environments allowing you to share your content and annotations with other musicians in real-time.
- Export your Pieces as PDF and retrieve them with annotations in your mailbox or in any other app.
- Take control of the page turn for the whole group by connecting several devices together in the Band Mode.
- Read MusicXML files and enjoy unprecedented flexibility with transposition, custom display, audio balance and much more.
- Rent or buy music scores from the greatest music publishers and receive them directly in Newzik.
- Use our built-in metronome.
- Stay safe on stage with our Performance Mode.
Get Newzik Premium and import an unlimited number of files. The free version will let you explore all of the features with limited access to 15 files. Besides, you need to be a Premium user to create and manage Projects.
Any question or suggestion? Please write to us at email@example.com, we will be more than happy to read from you!
NOTE: Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free-trial portion will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
General Terms and Conditions of Use: https://newzik.com/cgu-en
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI