User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I love this app, but I'm giving it a meh, because of one thing: I paid $115 or something at the beginning of the year, thinking I'd be able to watch my Dodgers play. I expected to be blacked out during home games, but I thought I'd be able to watch the away games. No such luck. In fact, I can only watch teams I don't care about, and even then I can't watch a weekend game in the afternoon, or any game a network has. I expected just the blackout to get you to go to Dodger stadium. No such luck. You are blacked out, apparently, to protect broadcasters. Well, look: I'm on my iPhone. When I don't have access to TV, when I'm at work, I just like to watch an at bat, check in to see how it's going. If I'm at home, I'll catch the game on TV. Please allow me to watch a game by my home team. I'm not going to watch a whole game on a phone unless it's 1955 and I got the World Series on my Time Machine. Lighten up, billionaires. Do something for the fan.
Lost patience watching on the Apple TV 4K. Can’t start an in progress game from the beginning. Scores will not stay off after I have changed it in settings. The remote won’t pause or play now. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, until I’m blue. 3rd Gen Apple TV doesn’t crash to the Apple menu but the issue with the remote and not starting from the beginning is the same. I will change my rating once this gets fixed. Ugh!! Update 7/15: Apple TV 4K - App no longer crashes after an intermittent period of time. Show scores has been fixed and will stay off once changed in settings. An in progress game will now start from the beginning if selected. These are all good signs that things are getting back to where they should be. Next fix that needs to be addressed is making play/pause function. Moving my rating up a few stars for addressing some of the above issues. Update 8/28: Apple TV 4K is back! Issues have been fixed regarding play/pause (now works). They even addressed voice commands. I can ffwd and rewind by voice. Thanks MLB for these fixes.
UPDATE: I owe MLB half an apology. I hadn’t updated my iOS; I did, and video highlights are fixed. So that one was my fault. However, my next notification about a condensed game will be my first this season. (And I did everything: logged out, uninstalled, restarted iPad, reinstalled app, logged in and redid settings again. I’m now done trying to make this app work the way it’s supposed to.) So we’re up from 2 stars to 3. It’s nice; it just doesn’t do what it should. When this app works, it’s fantastic. But all year I keep seeing “No highlights currently available.” Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes that problem, but I’m not about to reinstall an app (and log in, and set my preferences) every day. The treatment of condensed games was a mess for several weeks. Now they’re finally showing up in the right place, but I STILL haven’t gotten a single notification all season that a condensed game was ready to watch. The videos, especially condensed games, are my favorite part of the app. So I’m sure you can understand why I’m miffed. Simply put, a well-conceived app is performing very poorly.
For this app it used to really good but all it is the idea of paying $125 for ads. When I first started to purchase this app years ago there were few ads but now there are way to many. The ads are also very repetitive most of the time for one restaurant the whole game or one politician at every ad brake. I run an blocker also on all my devices which prevents me from seeing a ton of ads with other apps or services but it seems to not work with app. Bring back the out of date highlights during ad brakes. Another thing is they are through sponsorships making so that the app is useless because there is the free game of the day and a free game of the week on other services along with days were every game is free. In conclusion, not only do you have to put up with the broadcasters ads and the ads around the ballpark, but now there are ads in game brakes also which are becoming to much. I got the app because I was sick of the ads on my TV because at the time there were to few but now there are way to many, the games are uninteresting, and baseball is becoming the sport of the old and not the young because it has lost its appeal.
UPDATE: I’m taking another star away because it’s worse than greed. It’s apathy evidently. They acknowledged this is actually an issue but aren’t able to resolve and I guess I’m just left with a poor user experience?? Not even a “we’re aware and working toward resolving” or giving any indication they intend to address an issue they admit I am having. Here’s the rundown - I contacted support through the app and was advised as an MLB TV subscriber I shouldn’t be seeing ads all over the place like I am. I was advised to logout and back into the app. No change. I was next advised to uninstall/reinstall the app. No change. It seems that’s where they plan on leaving it. Last email said if my issue persists to contact Apple support... Original Review: MLB must be struggling because this out of market fan can’t watch a single highlight without a preroll ad anymore. Having paid over $90 to follow my team and still get these and now in app banner ads near the bottom menus??? Really frustrating and annoying. At least watching games is flawless but outside of that the user experience just reminds that you’re nothing but a set of eyes to blast ads at, even as a paying subscriber...
At Bat – the #1 source for live baseball on your iPhone and iPad – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** AT BAT SUBSCRIPTIONS ****
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series.
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV All Teams subscribers receive At Bat’s premium features for free.
**** 2019 FEATURES ****
(NOTE: Additional features and functionality will be available in regular app
updates throughout the season. Make sure to keep At Bat updated to take advantage of these as you follow your favorite team and players.)
-- Watch and Listen Live --
• Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day (subject to blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Access your MLB.TV All Teams subscription to watch every out-of-market game (Subscription required)
• Watch in-game highlights (No blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts (At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts (supported iPhones and iPads only; At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch Condensed Games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Multitasking split view (select iPads)
• Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads)
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC and to the MLB skill on voice activated platforms with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Watch MLB Network programming (pay TV authentication required)
-- Follow Your Favorite Team --
• Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks
• Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
• Customize your iPhone and iPad screens with MLB Club-branded app icons
• Designated your favorite team to be featured in At Bat’s homescreen, scoreboard, news and video
• Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
• Search function for all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone only)
• Closed captioning for live video
• Get notifications for Cut4’s offbeat short-form content
• Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish
Access At Bat Premium for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Stream MLB.TV Monthly for $24.99 per month from March through and including October. You will be automatically billed $24.99 through iTunes every 30 days, through and including October, until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 each year for $24.99. Stream MLB.TV Yearly. You will be charged the then-current introductory yearly price. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on the anniversary date for $118.99. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
© 2019 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.