User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I am writing this review to help the developers and potential buyers. First I’m providing this review in March 2019. Things may change later so if you are reading this review you should keep the date and version number in mind. 5.0.20. We are a large builder which use Blue beam, Procore, “go to meeting” and other related industry software. We found that Good notes 4 was simply the best vehicle for note taking and plan markups available. It truly was a “five star app”. We could be on a “go to meeting” with 15 consultants on a conference call and annotate plans instantly. (What I mean is hand write changes on the pdf plans to give direction. Not edit DWG drawings.) It was fast easy and simple. Superior to other products out there, even the industry specific ones. Now, with Good notes 5 the layout and folder structure have been improved. But, there is a big problem. If we open a set of plans and try to zoom in, the plans pixelate. Plus take an in ordinate amount of time to gain focus. Thus, most of us have stopped using this program. I have Good notes 4 and have gone back to it. I. Don’t know. If the developer is aware or working on a fix but it was a great program. If the developer is aware hope you can fix. I will check the App Store for updates. Will mark as 2.5 stars and revise rating if able to remedy problem. Good luck.
I’ve been using this app for years, & recently upgraded to 5. There’s a lot of additional functionality, with more powerful tools, new objects, & way better templates. The only thing I miss is the way the app opens. Previously when opening the app it presented the view I left it int when closing the app. Now every time I start the app it opens to my folder list. I have a loootttt of notebooks, and remembering which one I was last using is sometimes difficult. Maybe I’m just not as organized as I should be, but it’s just annoying that every time I open the app I have to search through my folders & then my notebooks to get to the one I was in the middle of using. I open one notebook only to find that the page I’m looking for is actually in another one. Many of my notebooks hold similar data, but I keep the in separate books for specific reasons. I’d just rather not have to search every time I start, especially when I’m already used to picking up right where I left off with GN4. That minor thing aside, I love this app worthy of all 5 stars, & the upgrade to 5 was a great improvement. The developers seem to really pay attention to what additional functionality could be useful as the way we work evolves. So I’m always looking forward to the next version to see what new stuff I’ll get!
I downloaded several different apps that were free for note taking and or drawing in notebooks, etc. After not being satisfied with any of them, I decided to pay for this one. It is so worth the price! You can easily organize notes and notebooks while customizing them for whatever you need! The Apple Pencil works flawlessly as if you are using real pen and paper. I use the 1st Edition Apple Pencil with my 2019 iPad. One of the best things about this app is the fact that you can set it so that it does not capture anything from your hand or palm resting on the screen and allows you to still use your fingers to zoom, scroll through, and navigate the app all while still connected to the Apple Pencil. Also, it can literally READ and SEARCH your own handwriting so you can find where you left a certain note on a page. I have found that it this feature is very accurate! You can also customize your notebook covers, create outlines for easy navigation throughout a notebook, and you can create folders to organize each notebook even further. My only suggestion to the developers is to make it easier to get different templates for pages/covers and also allow those pages to have more background colors than just yellow or white.
Love the app, convenient for college and holds a lot of storage, I wish moving around pages could be easier. And the ball pen seems too stiff, fountain pen is a little awkward to use, and the brush pen is fine, but again the pens are something I need to get used to. I wish the eraser marks could have an option to be smaller, and not erase a whole line but exactly what my pen touches. So pens are not as fluid as it could be and may make your handwriting either better or worse. Zoom ins are great and resizing also never pixelates my writing, which I LOVE. I never write reviews, so I hope the concerns I listed will be considered and that this review helps those deciding whether or not to use the app. I wish I could download it to my computer without paying extra so that I can see both on my iPad and computer. For an app meant for taking and saving notes, it is an easy and great app to use, but pens are hard to get used to. If you are a high school student, digital note taking is okay, but it honestly isn’t necessary and teachers and classmates usually feel weird about it. In university this app is perfect since in my classes there is a lack of space for desks and so many places to walk to so the portability of a tablet is more useful then (this app also allows for split screen which is convenient)
I like all the added features, and i sincerely appreciate the infinite folders and sub folders feature, but what happened to multifunctional tool bar in the zoom window!? It’s missing the other buttons from the original toolbar in the zoom window. I’ve owned GoodNotes ever since it was first released, thus, I am very fluent in navigating the app. I have recommended it to everyone I know, and have gone completely paperless because of it. I am eternally grateful to GoodNotes. But with this new update, I really needed the zoom window tool bar before it was even added to the first GoodNotes, and it has been a dream come true ever since it was added, but now it has been taken away in Goodnotes 5. I really hope the toolbar is reinstalled soon. The undo and redo buttons, and the three colors and the eraser were all apart of the zoom window, and much more convenient than reaching to the top of the screen every time I had to undo a pen stroke. I don’t even want to consider using GoodNotes until the zoom window is copied from GoodNotes 4. While it may seem like a silly feature, it made the app 100% more useful to me. I hope this is taken into account and an easy fix to to release soon. Thank you, Your original customer Also, your textboxes are very persnickety and glitchy, please, please fix!
Developed by the Time Base Technology Limited.
GoodNotes 5 has 65 392 user reviews.
GoodNotes 5 has an average rating of 4.8.
The latest version of GoodNotes 5 (5.4.1) was released on Jan 21, 2020.
You can download GoodNotes 5 here:.
Transform your iPad into smart digital paper. Take handwritten notes in digital notebooks, on imported PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents, or on images and photos. All notes are searchable and you'll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes is one of the top paid iPad apps worldwide and is frequently featured on the App Store, making it a must-have for your iPad.
WRITE NATURALLY - LIKE ON REAL PAPER
* Fluent, precise, and
completely natural writing experience thanks to GoodNotes pioneering vector ink engine
* Write with the Apple Pencil, Logitech Crayon, or with many capacitive styluses and even your finger
* Select and customize your pen color, thickness, and style (fountain pen, ballpoint, brush pen)
* Easily switch between pen, highlighter, and eraser
ALWAYS FIND WHAT YOU WROTE
* Everything is indexed: Search your handwritten notes, typed text, PDF text, document outlines, folder titles, and document titles
* Convert your handwriting to text to share it with other apps or add it to the page as a text box to continue typing with your keyboard
NEVER LOSE YOUR NOTES AGAIN
* All your notes with you at all times thanks to iCloud Sync
VIEW DOCUMENTS SIDE BY SIDE (requires iPadOS)
* open GoodNotes in multiple windows to view two documents or two pages side by side
* use tabs to quickly switch between open documents
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* unlimited undo & redo including gesture control for faster corrections
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Pinch to zoom and write more precisely
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
CUSTOMIZE YOUR NOTEBOOKS
* Choose from a large set of beautiful covers and paper templates: Essentials, writing paper, Cornell paper, dark paper, checklists, planners, and more
* Import any PDF or image as a custom template for more customization
* import PDF, PowerPoint, Word, images, photos and more to annotate them right on your iPad
* export documents and share them with others for a fully digital workflow
* scan your paper documents and recognize the text
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
CONVERT YOUR IPAD INTO A DISTRACTION-FREE DIGITAL WHITEBOARD
* Keep your audience focused on what's important: Presentation mode lets you hide all distractions on an external screen when you connect your device via HDMI or AirPlay
* Use all of GoodNotes' tools, including the Laser Pointer on the iPad, while your audience only sees the page and the content
* GoodNotes empowers you to give more engaging presentations, lectures, and lessons. You can move around freely and interact with the audience while adding new information to the digital whiteboard for everyone to see
Visit our website at goodnotes.com for more information, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram as @goodnotesapp.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Let’s find out how to master this peculiar way of communication with your app users and form a good starting strategy. We will discuss difference with support tickets, reviews automation and give examples of how to respond to peculiar reviews.
According to statistics, King is one of the highest-earning mobile games’ publishers in the world, with average annual revenue of $2 billion. What’s the secret of such success, and which marketing activities lead to the company’s welfare? Let's find out.