User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Love this app. Reminds me of video game fog and when you go somewhere new the place is unknown. You fill in the blanks as you go. The app hardly crashes, if I leave it open for a couple of days it will I imagine it’s handled too many Resource or some various reason. Anyways love this app and have been using it for about 6 years now. Currently in the level 180 range and have been to multiple states with it. Can’t fly commercially with, trust me I’ve tried, even with the WiFi on them. Just a tip to save your phones battery life. Also, I almost always you is in battery saver mode. It’s pretty accurate at this state and the app doesn’t become a little vampire during the day.
Been using this app daily for about 5 years now for all of my travels as well as daily outings. I treat it like a game and use it to challenge myself to walk down a road I’ve never been on, travel to a different part of a city that I may not have thought of before, or find my way back from a hike. The amazing part is you feel like you’ve already seen so much but when you look at the world percentage that you’ve actually visited or the countries that you haven’t been to you realize there’s so much more to see. In the beginning it really sucked the life out of your battery but the latest version seems to not be so bad. If you enjoy traveling and seeing new areas get this.
I've been using this app for about four years now, and it's always been slow, running hot, and hasn't been updated in the last couple years. But today version 2.0 was finally released! I've been testing it for a little while, and it seems so much snappier, and it doesn't cause nearly as much drain on my battery. There are new options, such as fog render intensity, and a new interface that suits the latest versions of iOS. Thank you so much, Ollix, for not abandoning this app. That said, I would really appreciate a way to export my data to a standard file format, readable by other apps such as Google Earth.
Been using it for years and love being able to see the places I’ve been. It helps me remember my travels when I look back over my maps. I have had one small issue with the import function however. I saved the data as .gpx files and put it in the correct google drive folder and was able to successfully import it into the program (the little green checkboxes appear), but the amount of the world that I have travelled hasn’t changed and the cleared “lines” haven’t been added to the fog either. I checked the .gpx file on a separate .gpx viewer and it seemed to work perfectly so I think the file is fine. Sorry for posting this here, I didn’t see a link to email app support.
While the app is fundamentally great and I don’t regret purchasing it I feel a couple basic things could be done to improve it significantly to stir up more interest and promote more use from those who already own it. 1. Heat map. Instead of just clearing fog it’d be nice if the app incentivized using it when you know you won’t be traveling on new roads by changing the color of roads dependent on how many times you have traced over the same line. This would show the places that were most important to you throughout your time using this app. 2. It’d be nice if larger countries such as the US were divided into states. The passport isn’t very interesting to look into for people who generally stay within the US but may visit several states a week simply because there’s only one number to look at and the discovered percentage is so low due to the size of the US that it’s nearly impossible to appreciate even after hundreds of thousands of miles logged. 3. An ability to erase lines drawn in error due to faulty gps signals.
With Fog of World, you relive those destinations and the path that lead you there. Map it; draw each stride out for you to see. Look at the work of art you’ve created - just by traveling. By knowing you cannot be contained.
Join Us. Embrace a unique way of experiencing your adventures! Explore, visit and memorize your travels on the world map. Unfog the world and make your life more brilliant today!
● VISUALIZE & MEMORIZE EVERYWHERE
Fog of World is a real-life, travel and exploring game where you need to remove the fog on the map by exploring the world. It's a fantastic way to visualize everywhere you have been in your entire life or to discover places around you!
● EXQUISITE MAPPING
Beautiful world maps are available at a glance. Explore the places near your location, find the spot to go and hit record. Your trip is then recorded, mapped and kept on your cloud storage forever. Start the travel explore the game, while memorizing the places you visit in a neat way. Grow your level and increase your visit percentages for every continent. Have fun exploring the world!
● CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED
• Featured by Apple as App of the Day in 137 countries
• This Fog of World App Might Be the Funniest App I’ve Seen in a Long Time - GIZMODO
• We don't remember the last time we've run into an app that is as interesting as Fog of World - Business Insider
• Fog of World turns moving through your city and your world into a game of exploration - AppStorm
• Original worldwide location tracking game that will make you want to explore every street in your city and far wider - LITTLE APP REVIEW
• Fog of World uses the fog of war from video games to gamify traveling - The Awesomer
• Was holding the 1st position for top stories on Hacker News!
• Records your tracks and maps travel (even when the app running in the background).
• Shows everywhere you have been on the map at the same time with its advanced trip and travel mapping.
• Analyses your statistics around the world, around every continent, and around every country and territory.
• Lots of badges to motivate you to explore more around the world.
• Support for Importing tracks through GPX or KML files.
• Support for syncing your data with iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
• Super high-accuracy offline reverse geocoding database that provides the most accurate statistics.
• A widget for easier checking or toggling current record mode.
• Support for Siri shortcuts and personalized Siri phrases.
In short, we do not collect any of your exploration data. Your data will be uploaded when you sync them with your cloud storages, but only you have access to them. We don't.
Map your trips, memorize and start your world adventure with Fog of World. It’s like having world atlas and yourself to explore and conquer it.
Download the ultimate explore game and places I've been travel tracker now!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.