User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I rarely leave reviews, but I have to express my appreciation for this thoughtfully crafted photo app. It feels like a tool designed specifically for those of us who appreciate the unique latitudes and limitations of shooting on film. It comes with plenty of options when flexibility in post is required, but there’s something special about committing to a shot without getting bogged down in editing that I can really appreciate. Firstlight will be a mainstay for me. Thanks, Filmic.
The app is great, pretty intuitive. I’ve only been using it for a little while and have yet to use it in a professional setting. It’s a little slow on the trigger tho and so you’re not sure you’ve got the shot until it shows in the camera roll. Definitely use some type of stabilizer until you get use to the way it functions, it’s good that they have a big shutter button. However I do like the familiar feel from using FilMic Pro and it has the desqueeze feature for anamorphic lenses. I love that I can shoot RAW DNG & TIFF files, the histogram is like right there and it doesn’t get into the way. I have an iPhone 11 Pro max so I can change between all 4 lenses pretty easily. Although I’m missing one huge feature, I hope it’s going to be a quick and easy update. Give me the ability to use the DOF MK2 adapter from BeastGrip Pro for stills PLEASE!!! I know you can do this. Cheers!
I have to revise my previous lackluster review of first light. It’s not really fair to ding the app for subscription offerings when they’re optional. The free app is quite useful and I love the swipe for focus & exposure. I also like the free grain & filter offerings. I think my fav Chrome Veloura also happens to be free. The battery draining issues reported... could be my device, but the behavior points more toward the latest iOS version I’m running. For manual iPhone photography I think I’d prefer something like the ProCam7 app that I already have and includes all the extra stuff. Or maybe the Halide app that’s been recommended. However, for the stated target use of First Light, I think they get a lot right. For no muss no fuss iPhone snaps, I might reach for first light over the stock app because I love the swiping focus/exposure control, as well as showing zebras for both clipping and crushing. Knocked off just 1 star because I wish they included zooming control though. Seems like they could give the user pinch zooming without degrading the experience at all. Overall, fun & recommend :)
I preordered this app and loved the function but thought it was ridiculous to need a subscription to access the RAW photo options. I’m glad to see the Filmic team has reversed this and found a new profit model. I’m not against companies making a living, but that was a bit much With that said, Firstlight has moved to my goto photo app replacing Halide. Firstlight is really simple to use, I can get shots setup quickly, and the peaking makes sure I’m focused where I want to be.
When I saw that Filmic made a still photo app I stopped reading the article I was reading immediately and went to go buy it. The camera seems good and simple but I will never use apps that require a subscription unless I have to. I will gladly pay up to $60 for a lifetime purchase but the subscription kills it completely for me. Yea I know that’s “the way of the future” but it’s still disappointing.
Developed by the FiLMiC Inc,
FiLMiC Firstlight - Photo App has 143 user reviews.
FiLMiC Firstlight - Photo App has an average rating of 4.6.
The latest version of FiLMiC Firstlight - Photo App (1.0.6) was released on Jan 15, 2020.
You can download FiLMiC Firstlight - Photo App here:.
FiLMiC Firstlight is a revolutionary photo camera from the makers of the class leading FiLMiC Pro cinema video camera that makes live photography fun and creative.
-- -- -- -- -- --
Rediscover the joy of capturing life’s moments in photographs you will immediately treasure and want to share.
Firstlight combines custom film simulations, adaptive film grain and FiLMiC Pro’s famous live analytics to offer an
advanced but approachable front end camera experience like no other.
Fast, easy and intuitive, Firstlight lets you envision and capture your best moments in camera, without having to spend hours editing your photos later. Shoot and share, it’s that easy.
-- -- -- -- -- --
ADVANCED IMAGE CONTROLS
- Fast, intuitive focus and exposure controls: Tap the screen to set focus/exposure, tap again to lock.
- Shutter and ISO Priority Modes: In addition to auto exposure, you can set specific Shutter Speed or ISO values to adhere to and let the app automatically adjust exposure for the unlocked value.
- Cross-swipe manual controls: The most intuitive way to manually adjust focus and exposure. Swipe across the image to dial in your perfect shot. Swipe up and down to adjust exposure. Swipe left and right to adjust focus.
- Reactive analytics: A foundation feature of FiLMiC Pro and now in a photo app. Manually adjusting your focus and exposure will automatically apply focus peaking or zebra stripes to make sure you get your shot just right.
- RGB Histogram: Dynamically shows the exposure profile of the image across all color channels.
GET THE LOOK YOU WANT
- Vintage film simulations: The magic of Firstlight is in our realistic tributes to authentic film stocks.
- Film grain: Apply natural-looking, dynamically-generated film grain effects to give your photos that ‘film look’.
- Vignette: Apply a subtle dark vignette to your image.
- Lens selector: Quickly switch between all available lenses on your device. Go from tele to ultrawide with the tap of a finger. (Note: camera/lens support is device specific).
PROFESSIONAL CAMERA TOOLS
- Burst mode
- Grid overlays
- Aspect ratios: 4:3, 16:9, 3:2, 1:1, 5:4
- Expanded shadow detail
- DNG, TIFF, JPG or HEIC Selection
- HDR control (This feature is supported by iPhone Xs Max, Xs, Xr and newer)
- Volume button shutter and support for most bluetooth camera shutter remotes
- Configurable burst mode
- Anamorphic adapter support
- Custom Function button
- Custom live analytics
- Configurable Focus and Exposure controls
- Embedded copyright
- FiLMiC Pro quick launch button (for owners of FiLMiC Pro)
If you have any questions for the FiLMiC team either before or after you purchase Firstlight or one of our other apps please feel free to reach out to us at: email@example.com
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
PicsArt’s Team Lead at User Success Team shared with us how they support users in 30 languages across iOS, Android, Windows apps, and a web platform keeping their CSAT at over 80%.
App rating is one of those rare metrics that influence both CAC (CPI) and LTV. User reviews can help you grow your rating relatively fast and easy. Let’s get into details and understand how to build a proper ratings & reviews strategy to cut your user acqu