User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
I love this calendar app, but that makes a couple things I don’t like stand out all the more. The first is the way you pull down to pop up the full month. I feel like the natural gesture would be swipe it back up to dismiss it, but instead it acts like an old-fashioned window shade where I pull it down to release the tension. Not intuitive, but there is a tutorial. Just would rather have it the opposite way. The second issue is the way it colors the calendar events. When you sync a Google calendar, it gives the entire calendar one color instead of the individualized event colors that Google’s own calendar app supports. I want all my events in a single calendar, but I want to add some small splashes of color to provide easier identification of certain events. Instead every event is black and hard to distinguish. A final issue is a rare glitch where when I am adding multiple events in a row, I get a weird animation hitch where it took the event, but didn’t snap all the way back to the calendar. Instead it is frozen in a window within a window and the only way out is to force quit the app. Only happens when adding a lot of events quickly, like my work schedule for the month.
I tmhave been using this app for almost two weeks now and it has completely transformed the way I interact with, and more importantly, how often I actually use my calendar! I’ve actually purchased several other calendar apps and while they all were supposed to be “amazing” ( at least according to the reviews), something about them made it seem too... daunting. Enter Fantastical. It’s really a big improvement over the standard calendar app and it is definitely worth the money. I love the natural language input function and the overall functionality of the app. It works extremely well and has many handy features like automatically adding an event to you calendar when it’s detected in your inbox (think: you purchased concert tickets and once you receive the confirmation email it will auto-create a fully filled in calendar event) With that being said, I would love some customizability in terms of the color scheme and the window layout. Also, GET RID OF THE “DOT SYSTEM” for tracking events. It’s really confusing and unacceptable to look at.
Edit: After this update the app no longer goes backwards by 2 months when you scroll to the top in list view, thank you Fantastical for making this 5 star adjustment. I primarily use the app in list view as a daily planner and organizer. When I scroll to the top of my list I don't want it to go back 2 months at a time and have to tap the month every time to reset to the current month. It is annoying to need to do this and easy enough to just scroll back within the calendar to need this useless feature. The lack of ability to turn this off is my biggest issue with the app. Also you cannot edit imported calendars like a holiday/birthday calendar so those calendars span six years and the events cannot be deleted. In order to make a holiday calendar I have to manually enter all of the holidays into my work calendar and just use it instead which is also annoying. The lack of being able to edit things like these are what is keeping this for me from being a 5 star app otherwise the app is perfect for my needs and still easily the best calendar app available.
I have a habit of using the Apple Calendar app to keep track of my family’s activities and even medical information, because I write up the results of any doctor or veterinary visits, once they are complete. The stock app will fail to allow me to search for and reliably retrieve such info, once the data ages past a certain point. However, Fantastical WAS able to provide me with a COMPLETE search results list of calendar entries matching my search term(s), so I use it any time I need to find anything, since the stock Calendar app’s Search feature is unreliable, at best. We found Fantastical back when I NEEDED access to “old” calendar data that I KNEW existed, but that the stock Calendar app refused to locate for me. I love the fact that I can continue to use the app to which I am accustomed, and only need to use Fantastical when I need it for a data search; this is possible because anything I do in either app automatically bounces off the Cloud and populates the other app. SO COOL!
All calendar apps essentially offer the same basic info, however, this app is my main calendar app for one very important reason: it is easy to read, especially at a quick glance. Being easy to read is so much more valuable than other app developers seem to realize. One thing that would be nice is the ability/option to cancel a meeting but it remains on your list as grayed out. Right now, you can only delete a meeting that gets canceled. So many times I would have liked to have been able to look back and find what day a meeting had originally been scheduled for before it was canceled. Sometimes, if it gets rescheduled at a later date, I have to re-enter everything as it was deleted rather than just canceled. Also, this option would be great to keep a meeting on my schedule that I know I won't make and don't want it show as active and don't need a reminder, but still want it to show on the list as grayed.
Developed by the Flexibits Inc..
Fantastical 2 for iPhone has 2 497 user reviews.
Fantastical 2 for iPhone has an average rating of 4.2.
The latest version of Fantastical 2 for iPhone (2.11.5) was released on Jan 07, 2020.
You can download Fantastical 2 for iPhone here:.
Fantastical 2 is the award-winning calendar app with features such as natural language parsing, reminders, a beautiful week view, and much more!
"Great iOS update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my
new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop
• Accessibility support
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI