User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Your app has come in handy. But I’d like my $1.00 back. It should be free. I’m newly paralyzed and drop and lose everything. I added this app so I wouldn’t have to inconvenience others to help me locate my remote immediately when I misplace it. I couldn’t give it 5 stars because the tutorial provided more confusion than clarity for me. Also there are things on the screen such as those four colored circles that seem to provide no purpose which could be used for more important remote features for instance volume controls. Descent app none the less.
Not sure why other reviews are so negative. This app is awesome! I hate the fact that the DirecTV remote doesn’t have a backlit feature. Trying to fumble around with the buttons in the dark is next to impossible. This app is a great replacement and is now what I use when watching tv in bed. If it gets a dark mode it’ll be 5 stars for me. Highly recommend!
I found that this app works very well. After I downloaded a new iOS, however, I was having a problem. I contacted the developer, and got an immediate email back suggesting a solution that worked like a charm. The only suggestion I would have for improvement would be to add the ability to swipe and see what is coming up on a channel (as you can do with the Guide on the handheld remote). Still, this is a great app and deserves five stars.
You know at first I tried connecting to my Direct TV and it wasn’t working at all which made me frustrated so I decided to write an email to the creator of this app to see if he could help me fix it or refund me. Not only did he respond at a good time but also helped with through on how to connect this app to my tv correctly and I was finally able to know where I went wrong and now I’m connected to my tv, it works perfectly!
This app works horribly its too slow and it lags a lot half of the function do not even work everytime you try to scroll through the guide it starts to scroll by itself and it will do that for like a minute and then you when it exit and go back to the guide to find the channel you want. Overall this app is horrible I would not recommend it and it is a waste of .99 cent.
Direct Remote is a Wi-Fi remote control for your DIRECTV receiver that allows you to control your receiver using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad from anywhere on your Wi-Fi network. Works with Genie Client Receivers as well as
RVU enabled TV sets. See notes below to check compatibility with your DIRECTV system.
• Voice control for DIRECTV receivers!
• Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
• Quick tuning for up to 65 favorite channels
• Shortcuts and home widgets
• Program guide for favorite channels
• Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
• Automatically discovers receivers on network
• Enables easy control in dark
• Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
• Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
• Works with DIRECTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
*** Requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
• Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
• Compatible models are all Genie receivers and clients, HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24, H25 and all newer receivers. Also works with 3rd party RVU enabled TV sets. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
• Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV power or volume
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, feel free to contact me using the support link.