User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
This app is really good for learning French. I love how words are broken down by separate meanings, how you can flip between French->English and English->French, all the wonderful examples, and all the compositional phrases! However, it’s just not a very usable app. It’s not very intuitive flipping between verb conjugations and translations (although on the iPad it is easier because you get a split screen). When searching a word, you can’t make the keyboard go away without actually hitting search (it would be great if you could just browse the results that automatically come up as you type). To get speech features you have to highlight the words and use the iOS option that comes up, which is a pain. It’s just really confusing. Anyway, for the sake of learning, get the app! They have a ways to go to make it more usable though.
I've gone from disliking this app to using it every day. I was wrong before. I should have taken time to get to know it and understand it, and now I have. I value it not only for helping me with my French pronunciation, but for providing a seemingly endless number of relevant examples for almost every word I look up. This app has become indispensable to me, and I'm grateful for everything it provides! Keep those examples coming!
I'm going to France tomorrow for the 5th time in a year. I love this app. Translations are detailed, often with example phrases. I like looking at words I already know just to pick up a new French phrase or two. Tap on a word in an example phrase and that word is opened. Don't worry, the back arrow takes you back to the original word you were studying. Verb conjugations are complete. This is the only French/English dictionary I need.
I was a bit confused when I first used this application. However after reading the introduction and the tips and tricks, I have found that this is an absolutely fantastic dictionary. It provides quite a few examples for each entry and is easy to use after just a minute or two.
This is expensive by app standards especially for something you can get dozens of for free. But you'll be bothered by ads with those and, worse, you won't find words unless you enter them in unconjugated original form with no prefix or suffix. This dictionary is just much more useful and pleasing.
Developed by the Ultralingua, Inc.,
who have also released the following apps Collins Italian-English, Ultralingua French-English, Ultralingua Italian-English, Collins-Robert Concise, Collins French-English, Ultralingua Spanish-Italian, Ultralingua French, Ultralingua Portuguese-English, Collins Chinese-English, Ultralingua Dutch-English .
Collins-Robert Concise has 208 user reviews.
Collins-Robert Concise has an average rating of 4.7.
The latest version of Collins-Robert Concise (2.9) was released on Jan 10, 2020.
You can download Collins-Robert Concise here:.
57,000 headwords and more than 190,000 translations • more than 90,000 phrases • full conjugations for thousands of French and English verbs • hundreds of usage notes and examples • no internet connection required
Carry a dependable French and English reference everywhere you go with the latest edition of the Collins Pro French-English Translation Dictionary. This app combines detailed, professional dictionary data from HarperCollins and Le Robert with our new, easy-to-use Ultralingua interface. Our smart search goes beyond dictionary entries to give you complete conjugations
of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, convert numerals into French or English text instantly, and catch common misspellings to get you to the word you are looking for faster than ever.
• Over 57,000 entries with 190,000 translations
• Over 90,000 example phrases
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Genders for all French nouns
• Idioms, slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Dozens of cultural notes
• Smart search results in both French and English simultaneously, in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Tap on a word in a definition to quickly look it up, conjugate it, or copy it to your clipboard. This features recognizes inflected forms and chooses the correct language for you.
• Search the dictionary by speaking to Apple’s Siri on applicable devices
• Conjugations for thousands of French and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Displays the direct translation of each conjugation when available
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• View verb conjugations in a single tense or expand a verb to view all conjugations in one user-friendly format
• Translates numerals into French and English text as you type
• Language swapper button to switch from French-English to English-French with ease
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• Favorite individual definitions and verbs and view them by tapping on the favorites button.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The Collins Robert Concise French Dictionary is a must-have reference tool for students and language professionals alike.
(5 stars) "Best French dictionary ever - In the 30 years that I have been studying and using French I have yet to find a better French-English dictionary, whether in-print, online or an app. This app is totally worth the price." -User review
(5 stars) "Wonderful for an high intermediate reader like me who often needs a clarification but doesn't want to haul around a heavy dictionary. The interface is great because it anticipates the word as you type and if your French spelling is weak - like mine is - it saves a lot of time." -User review
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Let’s find out how to master this peculiar way of communication with your app users and form a good starting strategy. We will discuss difference with support tickets, reviews automation and give examples of how to respond to peculiar reviews.
According to statistics, King is one of the highest-earning mobile games’ publishers in the world, with average annual revenue of $2 billion. What’s the secret of such success, and which marketing activities lead to the company’s welfare? Let's find out.