User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Android is a great operating system with a LOT going for it. Tasker helps take that to the next level. I would never run a phone without Tasker. Multiple profiles, depending on whether I am at work (volumes lowered), in the car (volumes at maximum) or at home (volumes in the middle) let me not miss calls or have my ears blown off from a high volume.
Tasker takes a bit of learning, but you can do a lot with it. What's really nice though, is the quick response and useful help you get when you request help from the author! I really recommend the program as long as you are able and willing to do some programming. As an example, I get so many Spam calls now a days. So, I made a program to block calls from everyone who isn't in my contact. With my own program, I don't have to worry about privacy issues from sharing things with vendor's servers. (Some apps ask you to share why you block the phone numbers you block in their apps.)
As others have mentioned, it can be a bit of a learning curve, but once you've got your head round Tasker, it's brilliant. I've tried other automation apps, but they're not as good. The possibilities are endless with Tasker, especially with root access. I've automated the mundane things, like putting my phone on silent when I get to work. I've also had a little fun, like when I got my mums phone to speak "your favourite son has just text you", every time I sent her a message. She saw the funny side, until she forgot to put her phone on silent in a conference. Oops!
This sounds cliché, but in my mind, Tasker will always be the best app for android. I tinkered a lot and it woke my interest in programming logic. It has helped me automate soo many things that would have been annoying if not impossible to do manually. The possibilities are endless, honestly, it's like being a kid in a sandbox with all the tools (and google search) available. The best few Euros I have ever spent, including the 2,99€ for yesterday's lunch sandwich. Joao, thank you for Tasker!
Although this app definitely has a learning curve, it's one of the best apps ever made. For the price per functionality, this is a steal. And not to mention the great dev. He will get back to you no matter what and has helped me out a bunch. I would 100% recommend.
Total Automation, From Settings to SMS.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, QS Tiles, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/guides.html
Pre-made projects: https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/
Official Support Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tasker
Community full of people willing to help: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
**** Actions By Category ****
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse), System Lock
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
**** States ****
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
**** Events ****
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
Note: Tasker uses the BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN permission in order to provide the System Lock functionality.
In the meanwhile, check latest insights
on mobile business
Find out how our new ASO Dashboard can help you quickly assess how an app's doing; updated keyword positions in real time; updated apps to handle review replies through Zendesk and Microsoft Teams, and more.
In this post, Branch Metrics expert explores how deep linking can help you ignite mobile growth, lower acquisition costs, increase user engagement and maximize mobile marketing ROI