User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
This is the best Police & Emergency services scanner app available!! Even though it costs $2.99 it's well worth it. I'd have paid 3 times that for it. There are no commercials & it doesn't have any annoying stops or glitches at all. I highly recommend it. I've noticed at least 1 review complained about low volume. That's what the amplifier feature is for. Turn your volume up most of the way, then open the amplifier & turn it up most or all the way. Volume should be fine then. - Kent 😁👍
Unfortunately it appears that ( St. Clair County Illinois) feed is either down & states scanning or it indicates that your online, but there's no audio. Ironically prior to me upgrading for $3.00. I wasn't experiencing these problems. Other then no ads I'm not sure what's the benefit of purchasing. The other aggravating issue is that when i select report a problem & select to enter my email address for notifications, etc. I have NEVER received any information from the site, etc. as a follow up
Love this app, had it before and bought it again great for storm chasing or hearing breaking news before it's on tv, it gets 5 stars from me!
Great app. I would love to have weather channel WXJ34 for Albuquerque. And Albuquerque Sunport frequencies. And Double Eagle Airport Albuquerque frequencies.
Awesome app. Will be 5 stars when the notifications get fixed. Theres been multiple times where thousands are listening but I dont get notified.
Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters, air traffic and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 3500 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
• Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
• Supports Android Auto.
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 3500 listeners (configurable).
• ...a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
• ...a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors.
• Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes in the free version).
• The ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the bottom of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real police scanners and is the same audio you would hear using your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order to allow you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer.