User reviews affect conversion to installs and app rating. Featured and helpful reviews are the first to be noticed by users and in case of no response can affect download rate. This is why it is highly recommended to reply to them.
Easy to navigate and wonderful that you can take your book with you without having to buy the Kindle Paperwhite. You can adjust the font and the margin making it easy for older people and people with diabetes to enlarge the print. Plus there are a variety of books that you can download to help you for lose weight, to meditate, mysteries, contemporary, romance, Etc.
Since this latest update, books that I've read show as new in "from my library". I have to manually mark them as read. With thousands of books, I can't remember all I've read from the cover. This is not the first time this has happened. Also, I'd like to be able to delete books from the suggested books that I find offensive or don't want to see.
Whenever I rotate my screen to view something horizontally, the next page is only a black, blank screen. I have to exit the book and re-open it in order to see the next page. This is incredibly frustrating--and especially so when reading something that requires frequent rotations. I've also had a few times that the next page would be black without ever rotating the screen. When this happens, I need to switch from light to dark theme (and vice versa) in order to view the next page.
Update: This problem occurs when the app updates. It's occured for at three updates so far. The fix is to clear the cache and data or uninstall then reinstall the app. In either case, you have to redownload your ebooks. Newest update keeps crashing on my Android tablet (Galaxy Tab S2; Android OS 7.0). The app randomly opens, starting with the screen going black, then opening on its own with all info, books, etc deleted. It keeps doing it no matter how many times I reinitialize the app.
Good features: Multi-colored highlighter, different page view (birdseye, etc.), navigation. Annoying: 1) Why, when in birdseye mode, does the prompt to return to the previous page hang around endlessly? 2) When looking at a page, it is highlighted in blue, but why only after double-clicking? Let me focus on the page I'm on! 3) Partial dictionary definition is useless. Why must you force the user to tap again to see a full definition? Just make the full definition visible in the first place.
READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
- Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best
sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book before you buy with a free sample.
- Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to enjoy unlimited reading and listening. Explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month.
- Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
- With Kindle Daily Deals, save up to 80% on a new selection of books every day, including romance, science fiction, non-fiction, and books for young readers.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
- Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
- Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
- Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
- Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
- Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
- Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
- Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
- When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
- Get notified when authors you love have new releases, or when books you’re interested in go on deal.